Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

To what do you attribute your Ram's longevity?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Rat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To what do you attribute your Ram's longevity?

To all of you who have 100,000 plus on your Rams:

How many more miles/years do you expect to get out of it?

Any major repairs?

Do you have any tips/tricks that you believe have helped keep the truck rolling?

Thanks,

Rat (Someone who is hoping to keep his two year old truck at least eight more years)

Old 04-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Tempsho
Professional
Default RE: To what do you attribute your Ram's longevity?

I have 125,000 km's on my truck. I have only had it for about 5000 km's though. With proper maintenance, I hope to get at least another 100,000-150,000 before a major engine rebuild. If I have to rebuild the engine, and I still want to keep my 1999 Sport 4x4 1500, i'm going to make the 318, or a 360 into a stroker.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:50 AM
ToastyClutch
Default RE: To what do you attribute your Ram's longevity?

Well, I've got about 80k on my '99, and it's been mostly trouble free. I would second the whole thing about keeping up on the maintenance, although my uncle (who owned a Dodge dealership) and his air force buddy who worked with him had been using synthetic oil only for their 318s. I've been using that for a while myself. So far the motor hasn't siezed, so I suppose it's working out okay.... although right now I have an idling problem.

Seriously think it has to do with some bad gas we got on the last trip we took though. Trouble started almost immediately after fueling up.

Quick Reply: To what do you attribute your Ram's longevity?