Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Which Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 06:31 PM
OnOneWheel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Exhaust?

I drive a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT, 5.9L, V8, 4x4. I'm changing the exhaust system, and having a hard time deciding. I'm going with the K&N cold air intake, with either the Flowmaster, Gibson, or Borla exhaust from the CAT back. I hear Flowmaster is good but also very loud. I hear Gibson is good also. Borla is supposed to be the best, all stainless steel inside and out, not as loud as Flowmaster, but more expensive. Any opinions? Thanks.

Old 04-25-2004, 03:15 AM
BigDave
Professional
Default RE: Which Exhaust?

Here's an email that I received this week:

I got a question about your Corsa System. I also have an '04 Hemi SC/SB 4X4. I've tried Gibson system and a Borla and was plagued with a drone in the cab between 1800 and 2500 rpm when the engine was under load. It was so annoying that I reinstalled the factory system.

How is the Corsa system in the cab? Any resonance or drone?
I made some recordings of the Corsa ($$$) on my webpage: http://home.earthlink.net/~dunderhi/

If you can't get to it, then Earthlink shut me down. Dodge enthusiasts have downloaded 880mb in the past 2 weeks, when I hit 1 Gig, I'm shutdown at least until May. [:@]

Old 04-25-2004, 02:38 PM
JC
Professional

ORIGINAL: BigDave

Here's an email that I received this week:

If you can't get to it, then Earthlink shut me down. Dodge enthusiasts have downloaded 880mb in the past 2 weeks, when I hit 1 Gig, I'm shutdown at least until May. [:@]

Should get yourself a domain name or something.. www.whateveryouwant.com runs abour 15 - 35 bucks a year to register the domain, then you can find hosting companies for like 5 bucks a month that will have 10 - 15 gig / month transfer limits, etc. Plus, you get your own email addy yourname@whateveryouwant.com :-) If yer interested, my friend runs a hosting company, an I can probably get ya a deal.

Old 04-26-2004, 02:33 AM
BigDave
Professional

JC,

Thanks for the offer. I'm not really much into having a web page, just found it to difficult to satisfy requests of forum users without one. I created the my first web page only two weeks ago, and that's after being a regular internet user since the early 90's.

Thanks,
Dave

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust?