Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Tried Mr Clean and it did'nt work

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 02:16 AM
iceman7913
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried Mr Clean and it did'nt work

Just got a brand new 1500 black laramie. Tried mr clean and it did'nt work at all. Here was my steps. 1st i rinse the whole truck down with plan water. 2. Switch to soap/water and did the left side of my truck then i rinse the soap off. 3 Did the right side the same way. 4 Switch to filter the water and kept the gun close to the truck and did the whole truck. I did the left side first and finished with the right side,but when i went back to the first side i did there were water spots everywhere...so i had to dry it with a towel. whats wrong???????

p.s. I spoke to my friend and he said maybe i did'nt get all the soap off first??????? help

Old 04-25-2004, 05:16 AM
HEMI X
Professional
Default RE: Tried Mr Clean and it did'nt work

Sounds like you rinsed the soap with the hose(no filter) first and then the filtered water. You have to rinse only with the filtered, because the contaminants that cause the spots are in the unfiltered water.

I have used the AutoDry several times on my black beast and I am pleased with the results. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Not as costly over time as I thought it going to be either. [sm=smiley20.gif]

X

Old 04-25-2004, 10:34 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, you gotta love black paint. It looks good, but is a major PIA to keep clean and nice looking. Good luck.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-25-2004, 02:35 PM
JC
Professional

Black is very sexy! Cleaning, now thats a diff story, but I think its worth it when you pull her out, and go for a drive, and everyone's lookin at the truck droolin..

Old 04-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Redhawk996
Rookie

I've had mixed results with it. It seems like if I don't get a lot of soap on the truck, the drying agent doesn't work well. The first time I used it, it woked great!

Quick Reply: Tried Mr Clean and it did'nt work