Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.

Speaker questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004 | 12:13 AM
Mikeg1005
|
Professional
Default Speaker questions

Hey, I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT quad cab model, and I have a question about the sound system. There are two speakers in the back, and two tweaters on the sides of the windshield in front. I noticed that the sound is missing from the two speakers in the main doors. I am probably guessing since I don't have the premium sound system, that there are no speakers there, only openings for them. I was wondering if anyone knows what spakers go there, demesions, wattage, etc. If I do put speakers in there, I want to get a pair that has some good bass to it. Anyone have any suggestions. I dont really want to spend more than too much, (60-80) dollars or so between the two. And one last thing is, are there already wires in the doors for speakers or am I going to have to run wires into the door. I'm guessing if I do then I will get it professionally done, but if I don't does anyone know how to take the molding off the inside off the door, so I can get to the speaker hole. Any help would be nice.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-29-2004 | 12:18 AM
pimpin97neon
Rookie
Default RE: Speaker questions

I would go to crutchfield.com to get the sizes of the speakers but i would go to some other place to get them sense crutch field is kinda high priced. I would go to like curcuit city or best buy or some car audio place around you to get some nice speakers for cheaper.

Old 04-29-2004 | 01:29 AM
dodgemech
All Star

Even the base model should still have some speakers in the front doors, they just won't be the self-amped Infinity junk ones. It's OK you dont want those anyway, the wiring should be there already.

Old 04-29-2004 | 03:19 AM
bullitt1229
Professional

I got my speaker sizes from Crutchfield and the fronts were correct but the backs were not. It says that I have 6.5" in the back but they are actually 5.25"

Old 04-29-2004 | 03:58 PM
billyd12
Professional

Hey, I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT quad cab model
Hey i got a downfire (2) 12 sub box sealed for under the back seat...
Its got spacer plates which help fit a better 12. Also keeps the subs from
firing into the carpet. i got one in my truck w/ 2 MTX 6000.. *boom*

50 bucks, +shipping.
100 bucks on the net.

Quick Reply: Speaker questions