Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

new, please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 03:43 PM
bgrass6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new, please help

hello, dodge enthusiasts, hope your day is well and your trucks are better. i need some info, and rather urgently. i've been looking at a used dodge, a 2000 3/4 ton with a v-10 eight liter engine. it has 61,000 miles on it, and is on a chevy dealership lot. the original price was 15,500, but they quickly went to 14,000. i offered them 12,000, and they countered with 12,621.38. (no kidding) anyway, i got the loan, and went over there, but the truck was gone. the first excuse was that the truck was getting a spray on bed-liner; i knew it already had a new one. the second excuse was that it was a check engine light; now, last night , they said that that was not the problem, that it was a transmission problem. i know little about dodge transmissions, so i'm turning to all you fine people. is this a common problem- and, if so, an indicator that i should pass on the truck? i realize that i'm not very specific in the description of the tranny problem, but that's all the dealership has told me so far. also, they have told me that they are going to raise the price of the truck to reflect whatever they have to pay to get it fixed, as they took it to the dodge dealership to get the tranny fixed. my e-mail is bgrass6@gmail.com

love the form, and have been hanging out here since i started to look at this truck 1 week ago, and i have a new respect for dodges and their owners!!

thank you,
bgrass

Old 01-12-2006, 06:17 PM
tommiwan
Professional
Default RE: new, please help

Can't tell you much about it except for the fact that I'd keep looking. I got my truck for sale

Old 01-12-2006, 06:25 PM
ross944
Veteran
Default RE: new, please help

for whatever reason 99 and 2000 rams have had alot of transmission problems. id skip on that one and try to find a 2001 or newer, there are plenty out there for a reasonable price, ive been looking myself lately since i was thinkin about tradin for a 4x4.