Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

AC Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 AM
dmdixie2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Question

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500.

Does anyone know what temp (or temp range) the ac should blow?

I recently had it serviced to the tune of 750.00 and it seems like it still is not right.

I have taken it back 3 times (fixin to be 4).

I can run the ac wide open all day and never get the urge to turn it down, I believe it is blowing about 65 (that is the temp it reads with a therm. shoved in the vent) It also blows from the defrost vents sometimes. You will be driving and almost break a sweat and realize it is now blowing out of the defrost vent.

The second time it was in the mechanic said the system was overcharged. What kind of problems can be caused by this if any??

The last time I was there and tried to explain what was going on, the guy was rolling his eyes.... after the shock, I felt like coming across the counter.

Now if this was a 40.00 fix from neighbor Joe, this would be great. ( I went from no AC to low AC)

But I think for 750.00 this should now be right.

I was charged for a evaporator core, accum(don't know what this is?? 74.00 for what ever that is) and orfice and recharge.

I would appreciate any and all thought!!

Thank you
Big Smiles!!

Quick Reply: AC Question