Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Ram bed rail protector question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Hemi Operator
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram bed rail protector question

I just picked up my '04 quad cab 4X4 Ram. Oh yeah, it's got a Hemi! Anyways, I want to put on the Mopar bed rail protectors. The black molded ones, not the diamond plate. I see they cost about $100. Are they worth it or should I go aftermarket? Anyone know how they go on? I'd imagine they stick on with some adhesive. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 05-04-2004, 02:50 PM
DakaDan
Professional
Default RE: Ram bed rail protector question

I've been looking around for bed rail protector, for tailgate & sides. Aftermarket costs ~$90, from what I seen. Depending if you want the stake holes or not? Mopar, you are paying for the name, honestly.

DakaDan

Old 05-04-2004, 05:10 PM
hughes73

http://www.truckxpressions.com

They have Bushwhacker and Wade bed rail and tailgate caps from $84-97. If you just want the side and not the tailgate caps, its about $60. They are the same price for with stake holes or without. You can also choose between Diamond Plate, Ribbed, or Smooth. They also have a lifetime warranty, and are just as good of quality as Mopar or better. Both install with high-bind adhesive Im ordering a set of the Bushwhacker Diamond Plates for mine.

Old 05-04-2004, 05:17 PM
hughes73

Also, I forgot to mention one thing. Members of Dodgeforum.com get a 10% discount. On the main page scroll down to DF Vendor Forums, and Truckxpressions.com is the first one listed. Open the save 10% post, and access the site that way.

Quick Reply: Ram bed rail protector question