Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Door Ajar Chime?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:19 AM
billyd12
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Door Ajar Chime?

is it possible to replace the door ajar chime w/ a tune or other sound instead of that beeping...or buzzing.

has anyone seen / heard a newer VW vechicle??? They have a nice door chime...Its like a nice little song or something.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:39 PM
saxyadam04

Well to stop the chime i would turn the ingntion key to almost on and leave it in that postion. thats the only way I have found a way past the chiming. doing all those cutting of wires seems pointless. find better ways to by pass the system.

~Bryce

Old 05-07-2004, 12:18 AM
rapacious916

i dont really mind the door ajar chime as much as i hate the put on your seatbelt noise that runs for about 3 minutes straight..that damn thing will get shot up one of these days!! omg i hate that noise like daimler-chysler really cares about your life that much...i hate it....just thought i would let yall know about that..

Old 05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rapacious916

i dont really mind the door ajar chime as much as i hate the put on your seatbelt noise that runs for about 3 minutes straight..that damn thing will get shot up one of these days!! omg i hate that noise like daimler-chysler really cares about your life that much...i hate it....just thought i would let yall know about that..
They don't--fed law says that thing has to be there

Old 05-07-2004, 06:30 AM
rapacious916

ok let me rephrase...like the federal government cares about our lives enough...just what a bunch of moms a pops wanted in their cars to remind their dumb asses to put on seatbelts cuz they cant remember themselves...or they watch the ten oclock news and see some drunk teenager thrown through their window cuz they were not wearing seat belts...i say its up to the person to make that decision and not the federal government...they already run too much of our lives to let them run somemore! sorry i hate that noise with a passion..

Old 05-07-2004, 09:06 AM
rIntro
Rookie

yeah, just close the door, and open the windows. Or unstrap the electrical from the door in the door jam. It is noticable. All the good speakers are up front anyway.

Edit - it is the green wire I think. I forget. Sorry.

Old 05-12-2004, 05:10 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

I just looked at my truck, the only way to do it is to turn the lights to "party mode" and then turn the ignition key to ON (not accessory). This will also leave all the electrics on. Just make sure to turn your fna blower to off or this will kill your battery fast.

Old 05-13-2004, 04:02 AM
Palm
Professional

I am not a big fan of the chimes either, I especially do not like the door ajar, or leaving key in ignition warning. If it gets to bothering me too bad I would opt for circumventing it by the wiring.

I wold never disable the seat belt warning for two reasons. Number one, it is unsafe to drive without a seat belt on. The chances of being killed or more seriously injured in a crash rise dramatically when not wearing a seat belt. I realize that, just like smoking, some people don't mind taking their chances flirting with death doing this, and I have no problem with them. It is, after all, their life.

Number two, it is against the law in Alabama and Florida where I do most of my driving, to not wear it and they enforce it fairly strictly. My advice, disable your chime for whatever else you want, but strap yourself in to stop that one.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:35 PM
prw
Default 357 comment is gay.

Just snip the purple/black wire, that will disable the door ajar switch.

Quick Reply: Door Ajar Chime?