Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

hypertech programmer

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:46 PM
papahilly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hypertech programmer

i hope im in the right forum with this but i was just wondering how the hypertech programmer works. is it worth the money? and ive noticed that it reads your vin# so it can only be used on one vehicle. is there any way around that?
thanks

Old 05-06-2004, 02:56 AM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Default RE: hypertech programmer

I bought one for my 2001 5.9L and it does work but make sure you dont have a rear end gear change. The dodge hypertech does not adjust the speedometer with a gear change, only for different tire sizes. I did not have it long enough to see the MPG change but I did run it up and down the street and there was a noticable difference, I dont know if is worth the $350. I had a Jet chip on my truck that did about the same thing and got the same power gains. I am trying to sell it now for $150 plus 12 shipping. Its on ebay right now with a throttle body space I had for it too.

Old 05-06-2004, 09:40 PM
papahilly

i dont know if it will work for my 97 but if it does will it work because it reads your vin# so it will only work on one truck.
chris

Old 05-06-2004, 10:38 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

The Jet chip does not read the VIN #'s, it is simply plugs in and thats it. It takes about 5 minutes to install. I dont have the hypertech one because I returned it because it did not work for my truck. Check out the for sale section in this forum and you will see what I am selling. You can go to www.jetchip.com and check to see if it will fit your truck.

Quick Reply: hypertech programmer