Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Cold Air Intake.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 02:41 AM
Mikeg1005
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake.

Hey, I am looking for a cold air intake for my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.9L. I was wondering what would you all recommand as being the best brand or model. I saw that K&N makes one, it gives a 7 or so HP upgrade. Then I went to good old Ebay and saw some of the stuff they have there. I saw a model like this one for around 50 dollars. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

I was wondering, does anyone know anything about these models. I would imagine they would give similar if not better results at a 1/4 of the price. My only concern is does this kit have everything I need such as the new stud to install the bigger intake box and so on, and throttle body gasket. Anyone have any ideas about other brands of intakes that aren't expensive.?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 05-06-2004, 02:44 AM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air Intake.

I had one like that on my 2001 5.9. It worked fine and gave better throttle response. The one you might want to look for has a aluminum throttle body cover that is the same as the tube. I think matrix racing makes one and it is about the same price.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake.