Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

IT LEAKS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 04:07 AM
B][GT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IT LEAKS!

MAN.. what a **** off.. I went out to help my dad in the shop, and when i jumped back in the Hemi, i noticed the grabb handle on the driver side was wet. Upon closer inspection, it was leaking in thru the bolt hole cover. Now.. the only way i can see that water coming in, is down thru the top side of the windshield. But, thinking it was a fluck chance, the way the truck was park.. the orbit of the sum and moon.. that maybe, it would go away. So i wipe it down, and moved the truck to a whole new angle, direction, and wlaked calmy away. After a few hours i returnd.. and it was dry, GREat i thought.. it was a fluke.. NOoooooooooooooooope.. soon a i got it level it poored outa there, soaked my pants. So here i am, wet pants and all, asking.. is this normal? or just me? Not much i can do on a sat/sun in my town, ill call the dealership i bought it from to check into it from that end. Isnt there sites on the web that keep track of recall crap? maybe its just a bad seal that they fix? Maybe?.. please i hope so..

THanks for the time guys/gals.. im gonna go cry now

Troy

Just went and did a midnight munchy run, and noticed, the passenger side is doign it now also... not good, not good at all.

Thought id let you guys know.. its a recall issue for the 03-04's Front windshield seal. Remove and re-install.

Old 05-12-2004, 05:05 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: IT LEAKS!

There are TSB on water entering by both the grab handle and winshields. I am deployed and will be back in town 12 may. I have posted around the 5th of may the link to the TSB was in it. FOUND IT http://www.dodgeram.info/

Old 05-12-2004, 11:46 AM
henry1088
Amateur

I posted something on this just last week. It must be that time of year for the Dodge to leak I guess. I've had the thing since August also. Oh well...I looked at the TSB and I know I'll screw something up so off to the dealer it goes.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:58 AM
B][GT
Professional

I never did find a tsb on the front windshield for the 2004 Quad cab, but i did noticed the one for the leak in the rear. I just called my dealer, and asked whats up? They said straight out, warranty, and to call my closet dealer, and arange a appoinment. So i do this, and they stated telling me that, it might not be a warranty claim, asking me if ive put a windshield in it already, umm.. with 2800Km, 800 of which were form the dealer driving it form another dealer, i replied NO, and that they wouldnt know if it was warranty or not, till they removed the windshield! So, i drive 4hrs, to get this done, and.. i might have to buy my own windshield? heck no! I call back my dealership, and tehyre perplexed as to why it might not be, i tell em the names of the closet dealer, who i spoke to, and they said call back in a few hrs. I do this, and they say, just to go ahead and setup the appoinment, and if they give me any slack about it, to give them the service managers name of my dealership, and theyll sort it out for me, which i found very helpful. So .. who knows, sounds liek its gonna be a fun day

Old 07-01-2004, 09:26 PM
B][GT
Professional

Well.. its been awhile.. I didnt feel i should start a new thread for the on going saga for this one...

Ya.. I said ongoing. Now after 1124 MILES.. i still have a leaky windshield! .. Two round trips to the closet so called "5 -star" dealership. And this morning, after a rain storm all night.. i have a small duck pond on my passenger floor mat, with water still dripping form the grab handle screw covers. After two attempts to fix the same service bulletin, of sealing the screw holes along the edge of the cab that hold in the piece of trim that the top door seal attach's to. I was willing to do the 2nd trip, and this time i was addiment that i wasnt leaving my trucks side the whole process. Things looked good, i was happy, and after they fixed it, they pressure washed it, and no leaks, so i left. I didnt have to get upset, or start raising my voice, but this time.. Im pissed. If i have to make a 3rd trip, someone is paying it, or re-embursing me for the first 2! The dealer that i bought it from wants me to go there, but thats 652 miles, each way! If they pay, ill go. The 5star ive been goign to says, and i quote " Its my fault i dont live closer to a dealership " .. Im ready to give this thing back, screw my lease, screw everyone. I ccan just imagine the fun thaqt will be, trying to get out of my 4yr leases, that i signed April 10th. Sigh.. and of corse, its a holiday.. so no ones around to rant to, while im good and fume'n. I think ill be calling DC directly tommorow.. get the top dogs working on this.

Anyways.. Happy Canada Day fellow canadian's. Sorry to ruin the day.. but i needed some other's input. bout to go tell the old man, who helped me buy it.. heh.. it was fun seeing him hollar at the sale's guy.. right after we watched Walking Tall, "Where the hells my 4x4?!? Ill get my $1000 deposit back one way or another!". At least im smiling now..

Old 07-01-2004, 10:48 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They could find the leak if they wanted to. Take your truck back to them and tell them to find it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: IT LEAKS!