Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

got alot goin

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 08:31 PM
kaostik
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: got alot goin

sorry to hear the really awful news as well. glad to hear you're getting a truck but sorry at the price that was paid in attaining it. id say all in all, yawnshemi's advice, as a whole, is top notch.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:37 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, family comes way before any machine. Get your family affairs in order (including your own) and maybe later devote some time to a vehicle.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Mikeg1005
Professional

Hey, welcome to the forum, sorry to hear what happen, but anyways down to the buisness. You want to beef your truck up with system, lift so on. I'm sort of in the same position as you are but I have do some stuff and I know pretty much what I'm going to get.. I got a 98' Ram 1500 Quad Cab,I love it but here is the first and formost important thing I would recommand you do, do research about everything you want. Just go on google and type in car DVD player, car sound system, spend hours upon hours researching if you have to. You will find out more info that you could imagine, and the best thing of all you will know what a ripoff price is when you see it, and then you will find out what you want, what you like, what you can afford and so on.

Here is some stuff that I would recommend you do. First off I would go and get the exterior of your truck done first, the reason is, you want to show off, and the first thing people will see is wow that truck looks bad@$$, you show them the inside and say "I'm getting this and that" and people will be like thats gonna be sweet. You probably know what its like when someone has some not very attractive car that has some system in it, they are like ok, and then ya the system isn't so bad. So if you want to pimp your ride out, start from the exterior. I would say get some kind of beefy dual exhaust system, you don't have to have a nice car but when someone hears exhaust they always look at your car.

Then As you said a body lift kit, probably around 200+ labor from what I've seen, and you would probably want to get some studded off roading tires. Not to big because they won't fit, without suspension lift (= $$$)and the gas mileage will go down a lot. And replace your tires when your current ones ware out, that way you will use what you can and replace with something better when you have to. If you want to go for some rims also, but thats gonna cost a little extra depending on what you want. Some other things you may want to thing about is a roll cage with lights and a brush guard with some big lamps on it.

Once you get all you want outside move inside. If your going do a sound system you probably won't have enough money for all at once since your 15, start off with some subs, I'm going to get 2 (10) inchers under my back bench in enclosure that I found online. JL Audio are nice subs, my friends have them, they sound really good. The reason subs is, because you never have to worry about changing anything as you continue to upgrade, because they are on their own amp and everything. After subs, save up some more cash and get some nice speakers to replace your stock ones and a good reciever (head console). CD changer are nice, personally I wouldn't get one but when you do, if you do, put it somewhere where you can get to it easily, my friend has his installed in his trunk on his Trans Am, I think that location explains the rest that I am trying to say. You do the research about all this stuff and ask around this place, people will give you good info.

Something that I am also planning on doing with my interior is putting some neons under the dash and under the back by the subs. It accents your entire car and makes it look a lot nicer.

Since your probably going to run out of money before you finish your going to have to just keep working and saying up. You are ahead because you already got a car, I had to drop my 7K that I saved for a long time, on my truck so now I'm building back up.

You want that DVD player and all, personally they look cool, but I mean if you really think about it, you can spend some 600 bucks on something better, besides your not going to use it as much as you think.

Your 5000 dollars are going to go pretty fast when you start to total all that stuff up, but if you start saying up you can probably increase your budget and expand your possibilities.

But remeber this much if you don't want to listen, before you buy anything, look all of the web for it, I can't stress this enough if you look around you will save a whole bunch of money, and I mean a lot. But ya besides all that have fun and tell us how it goes once you get all that in.

My 2 cents,

Mike.

Old 05-10-2004, 09:01 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Thanks.

Shayne if you need someone to Vent to just holler. I know talking to family and friends and even counselors is hard. You don't know me, and I'm willing to listen if needed so you can cry laugh or just SCREAM!!!

Mopar United!

Oh yea good Call Mike on searching the web... much better prices.
Search Ebay if you can buy the stuff used.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:42 PM
billyd12
Professional

EBAY ELECTRONICS! ebay.com.... build a BOOM BOOM system for less than $1,000
ALL OF THIS IS BRAND NEW!
http://electronics.ebay.com/Car-Elec...s_W0QQcatZ3270

pioneer premier dehp-6500 cd player w/ grapic face $200
2 12 mtx 6000 $155
2 12 custom under the rear seat box $125
polyfill $5
4 Gauge wire kit $40
Alpine 4ga. mono block amp $125
1 farad cap $60
RCA line driver $40

$750 total...that pretty bangin system for that much...if you got some more loot,
you can get a custom box, for the center counsil, and add a 15inch square....that i'll boom +2.

15" L5 square $160
15" custom box $50-100

say you want a dvd/cd/mp3 player....cross out that cd player and add a pioneer/clarion TOUCHSCREEN
for just a little over $1,000 on ebay also...

so if you got everythin i listed, it's just a tad over $1,800
bang boom bong. your set.

NOW thats a system!!!

Old 05-14-2004, 07:58 AM
ajax

Sorry to hear about your dad. Family does always come first, so make sure all your affairs are in order, then go out and play. At the same time can't have you spendin your money the wrong way. Well first of all if you wan't to keep your back seat you would only be able to run 10" subs, they might have 12" boxes that fit under the seat, but the air space will be to small to run anything good. My suggestion for your subs is to run 2 new Cerwin Vega 10" subs with either 500 watt Kicker or Soundstreem amp. As far as the rest of your speakers, I have had good luck with almost all the major brands of speakers without spending a whole lot of cash on them. Use a like a 4 chanell 200-300 watt sony or equivalent amp to run those. Now for decks, pick and choose they are all very good now. Look at the features and see what you what your deck to do. For now I would just run a CD/MP3 player for now, cause you can always add a TV later.

Now for what I have:

Sony xplode deck CD/MP3
Teckneks 7" LCD TV screen
2 Pioneer 1" speakers in doors
2 Polk 6x9 speakers front
2 Bosten 5 1/4" speakers rear
3 kicker L5s in the bed with a huge hole cut to the cab. (I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS.)
American acoustic 150w amp running rear
Derective 400w amp running front
Soundsream 900w bridged to 1 ohm now pushing 1800 watts.
And It is FRIKIN LOUD, and all for the great price of $4000. You still have $1000 left to do a body lift, intake, and exaust.
I had done all the work on this myself it is all easy work with a little practice and a few phone calls to some friends.
I will try to get some pics of my system and truck on the forum soon.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Chauncy
Rookie

Also. if you opt for the new ram, please please please save yourself alot of frustration and tears and just have it professionally installed.

I put a pair of 10 inch Inifinity Reference Series 10inch 1000 watt subs under my backseat with a Sony 1000 watt amp and a weak Rockford Fosgate head unit. I ordered a box from a local car accessory shop and the first time it came, they built it wrong, then the subs were too big for the box (built to specs on the side of the speaker box) then we got the head unit in and everytime you put a cd in it killed the sound, but the radio worked fine. It took us a week to figure out that problem.

All in all, I had a hard time and any upgrades I make will be done by a professional from now on.

And it's even worse if you don't know what you're doing or have a friend who does.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:08 PM
billyd12
Professional

installation isn't all that hard, you just need the proper wireing harnesses.
they might have 12" boxes that fit under the seat, but the air space will be to small to run anything good.
Bah, you can order them to fit 12's , they got like .9 cubic ft, then you just add some big ole pieces of polyfill to the inside of
the box and your boomin. I got 2 mtx 6000's w/ lanzar vibe 900w 2ch. i need to install my capacator but, it booms to hard already, so i'll just keep the volume down. :P

Old 05-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Chauncy
Rookie

Billyd12, in the 03/04 rams though, there's storage compartments under the seat so you can't just have a rectangle type box, and my 10's barely fit down into the holes provided, all in all it's really lame imo

Old 05-18-2004, 02:27 PM
billyd12
Professional

im referring to the 94-01

Quick Reply: got alot goin