Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

x-pipes for duals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:09 PM
carshemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x-pipes for duals?

Has anyone heard about the x-pipe system for the dual exhaust, instead of the h-pipe? I was talking to a friend and gave me this site http://www.cncmotorsportsinc.com/tec...nformation.htm The guy says that you can replace your o2 sensor with a sim that plugs into your sensor wire? This keeps from bringing on the engine light,and you can do away with the converter. If this is true or anybody has done this please let me know this has to free up some Hp. And if this pass the emmision POLICE them I'm all over it!!!![sm=smiley15.gif] He said 10 to 40 Hp. with this setup(x-pipe) depending on your comb. cam, headers,etc. Sounds to good to be true, but don't know enough people that have tried it? Thanks for any input!

Old 05-17-2004, 05:07 PM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: x-pipes for duals?

I kinda took the X-pipe as a different solution to people who couldnt do H-pipes. From what i know, the theroy sounds sain, it need to be around 3ft from the motor. You can get the lil box's to remove and fool the pcm to think it has cats, and they do work. Its not doable on my '04, since we only have 1 pipe, 2into1 after 2 cats.

Old 05-18-2004, 04:37 AM
carshemi
Rookie

Thanks for the input B][GT didn't know the 04's had to cats. learn something every day the ole man says! Still haven't found out what a sim is. Gonna try Jegs, and Summit sites for some info.Thanks Sam[sm=smiley6.gif]

Old 05-18-2004, 06:52 AM
B][GT
Professional

A buddy got two for his 02 Dak with the 360 in it, he picked them up from http://www.thefastman.com/02Simms.asp .. hope that helps.

Old 05-18-2004, 03:00 PM
carshemi
Rookie

Thanks for the info. Will be doing that very shortly!Not bad price either alot better than I figured? Thanks again for the help B][GT!!!!! Sam[sm=smiley32.gif]

Quick Reply: x-pipes for duals?