Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Aggravating Noise...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 12:40 PM
bsbcc114523@hotmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aggravating Noise...

Just FYI, But after I installed my Westin Side Step Bars, the Drivers side was making the same noise as the Passenger side is now. The mount from Westin was grinding with the "donut mount" (where you mount the step bars on Dodges) on the truck. To fix this minor problem all you had to do was loosen the bolt where you saw evident grinding, and pry the mount and step bar the opposite way with a screwdriver then retighten. However this is not the problem I'm having with the passenger side. Just a little info for other who are having a "aggravating noise"; this may be your problem.

Old 05-19-2004, 02:45 PM
meurich

I have a rattle coming from the driver's side near the door. I figured out it was from the seat belt adjuster. I moved the seat belt height down one notch and it went away. I'll have to see if the dealer can fix it now.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:40 PM
IrishRagE

Anyone have this *new* problem of mine? When my windows are all the way down and I put them up, they make a shifting, soft banging type of sound as if they are shifting into correct alignment. Anyone have this, or am I just being paraniod and it happens to all of us?

Old 05-20-2004, 05:58 PM
hemichick

yes, i have a 2003 hemi quad cab, and I have the same driver door rattle. It sounds like it is towards the front of the door though, not by the seat belt.

Quick Reply: Aggravating Noise...