Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

CAI??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 12:52 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default CAI??????

thinking about a CAI on my 01 Ram Sport 5.9L 360. any suggestions on what works well? and for the money which is best? also i had recently replaces the stock filter and put a K&N but had a hell of a time getting it to seat well... still using the stock airbox.. this common? worried about sucking crap into my motor....pray to the heavens havnt happend already....and the sealing grease you are saposed to use to put it in...is it possible to apply TOO much? overkill? really kinda worried i sucked something in my motor.....thanks

Old 05-18-2004, 02:35 PM
sgbofav
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CAI??????

ORIGINAL: shott8283

thinking about a CAI on my 01 Ram Sport 5.9L 360. any suggestions on what works well? and for the money which is best? also i had recently replaces the stock filter and put a K&N but had a hell of a time getting it to seat well... still using the stock airbox.. this common? worried about sucking crap into my motor....pray to the heavens havnt happend already....and the sealing grease you are saposed to use to put it in...is it possible to apply TOO much? overkill? really kinda worried i sucked something in my motor.....thanks
You had the same "sealing edge" problem I had.

If you think your engine may have injested some sand or dirt because of the poor seal, just change your oil. This will remove any silicone or "sand" that may have entered your oil, and will increase iron wear if left iin the crankcase. That is all you need to do.

If you want to be creative, purchase an "air-hat", coupling, and S&B air filter from Dodgeforum sponsor 360airintakez . This is what I did and I built my Ram's intake for $125.00 .

Here is a link to the Airhat: http://www.360airintakez.com/cgi-bin...ssories_airhat

Or you can buy one already made: http://www.360airintakez.com/cgi-bin...8:Dodge_Ram_52

I have used both and yes, there is a bigger performance improvement with the intake instead of the "drop-in" filter. The stock airhat on the 5.2/5.9 Rams is restrictive. Removing it and replacing it with an aftermarket one will free up more power.

Bill,

Old 05-18-2004, 02:49 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an air intake off of my 2001 5.9L that I am selling for $30 plus shipping. It has a metal, not plastic tophat. Go to thread below.

https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=3735...=1&key=&#37777

Old 05-18-2004, 08:06 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

who makes that intake? and does it provide the power im also looking for? also does a K&N hook up to the end?

Old 05-18-2004, 08:51 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is made by ProCarParts and yes you can get a K&N and put it on the end, just get the K&N with the correct cone inlet.