Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Brake issues?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 05:52 PM
hemichick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake issues?!?!?

Ok, I have a 2003 quad cab ram with 15,000 miles (yeah, it's got a HEMI)....anyway...it is currently in the shop getting it's fourth set of rotors. It seems as though here lately I get new rotors with every oil change. Surely, I am not the only person having this problem! And, it's not the way I drive, I never had this problem with any other vehicle. So, I guess my main question is, what can be done to remedy the situation? I don't forsee myself keeping this vehicle if I constantly feel as though I'm driving over rail road tracks....It occasionally throws the drinks out of the cup holder....which...can be entertaining if I'm not on the receiving end!

Old 05-20-2004, 06:44 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Default RE: Brake issues?!?!?

I thought there was a recall or warrenty issue with that, did you check with your dealer?

Old 05-20-2004, 07:25 PM
hemichick

yes, there was a recall, and they were replaced three times, and they are still pulsating. Do rotors count when it comes to the lemon law?

Old 05-20-2004, 10:04 PM
mazz
Veteran

If the dealer has not replaced the calipers, you may continue to have warped rotors. The TSB (not a recall) that addresses this problem does not call for replacing the rotors, but the calipers. Some dealers do, however, replace the rotors as well. I would ask them if they have or plan to install the new calipers. This same TSB also indicates to torque the lug nuts at 100 ft-lbs.

[IMG]local://upfiles/317/Om336141950.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/317/Bw730853737.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/317/Rx598482913.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2004, 08:08 PM
hemichick

well, you see they replaced the calipers and the rotors 3,000 miles ago, and the rotors again yesterday.

Old 05-22-2004, 02:13 AM
badblackram

I would just say screw it and replace the calipers and rotors with Baer little pricey but way worth it over stock crap I had a Mitsu 3kgt that would warp rotors if you looked at it funny so I replaced calipers and rotors with new brembo hardware and never looked back I would bo with baer unless you want to spend the money on brembo

Quick Reply: Brake issues?!?!?