Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New Hemi QC 4x4 20's

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Viper_iii
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hemi QC 4x4 20's

I am having a really hard time finding a reasonable tire price for a more aggresive tire that will fit these darn 20's.

Anyone find a reasonable tire and the exact size?

I had a few guys tell me that the 36x13.5R20 should fit but here is the place to ask..

Let me know!

Much Appreciated!

Old 05-31-2004, 02:35 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: New Hemi QC 4x4 20's

Hey, what do you mean by more aggresive? I to have the same rims, and those crap stock rubber, and have been looking for replacements. What are you planning on doign with the truck? is it lifted? ive got a 1500, and im pretty sure a 36 wont fit, the stock rim/rubber sits around 32". They'res a few otpions out there from a BFG Allterain, and i imagine the mud terrain soon, MIckey thompson is starting to make theyre rims in a 20" so im gonna guess the Claw will be availble soon also. Toyo Open country looks not to shabby, http://www.toyocanada.com/products/OpenCountryMT.html . Those are in a 35. If your looking for a direct replacement, then all i could find were a few Falken, our lovely goodyear's [:'(] and The Michelin LTX, which ill be replacing mine with, if i dont get my lift in by the time i have to buy new tires.

Hope i helped, and watch my spelling.. i know.. i suck.

Later

Old 05-31-2004, 01:44 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

You want street tires or A/T, M/T tires??

Old 05-31-2004, 03:23 PM
mazz
Veteran

Take a look at Cooper Tires. They may have something that suits your needs. I've driven on Coopers for years and have always found them to be great tires.

Here's a link: http://www.coopertires.com/us/en/default.asp

Equal to Cooper, and made by Cooper, are Mastercraft Tires. They are many times priced a bit lower.

Here's a link: http://www.mastercrafttires.com/us/en/default.asp

Old 05-31-2004, 07:31 PM
brderj
Veteran

After talking to a friend of mine that works up at Les Shwabb I decided not to get the 20's on my new ram for this reason. I use a truck for a truck. I want to get it muddy, I want to pull my friends less "manly" trucks out of the snow so I want tires that will help me do this. The options for MT tires on 20's are slim, and when you do find them they are super expensive. 17 inch rims carry the best selection for tires (at least for what I was looking at) so if your really into your ties maybe this is a better option. Maybe...

Old 05-31-2004, 08:02 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

To all of you who have 20's or wanted them: I contemplated this tire issue a lot and concluded that getting the 20's with the truck was the right thing to do. I drive mostly on the street, and they work better there than the 17's, not to mention looking a lot better. If you want to sling mud, all you need to do is buy a set of M/T tires from a place like Tirerack.com with a set of smaller wheels. Better yet, there are more than a few places to find used OEM 17's cheap since lots of people upgrade to larger wheels. I would bet that a set of off road tires on cheap 17" wheels will cost about the same as the 20" tires alone do! Point is, it's a lot easier to buy a set of 17" wheels with tires than a set of 20" wheels.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:13 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine came with the 20's, and I opted out for the 17's. The limited selection of tires and cost of the 20's was enough to turn me away. The 17's were, in my mind, the better choice for these reasons plus the fact that they are the lighter set-up and more sidewall provides a better ride.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:04 PM
Viper_iii

okay to you guys with the 17's....

Yes I should have gone with the 17's I realize my mistake now....

However I dont' want to go and now buy a new set of 17's I'm too pissed that I see plenty of Off-Road trucks with 20's and have agressive tred like the super-swampers on their 20's...

However I did see some Irok's for about 180 ea for Bias and 230 each for Radial.. Figure Radial is the way to go but again I need to look at the toyo and cooper links above.

Yeah I need to lift it to get the 36's to fit cleanly and I"m not sure if a simple 4" rancho for dodge will do it or not. or maybe just a cheap 4" body lift will give me the clearance I need.

I appreciate the links... If you can shoot me some good links on affordable clean lifts I'd appreciate it too!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 02:35 PM
DallasRam

I've got a '03 4x4. It came with 17's but I went to discount tire co. and bought 20x10 inch rims with Goodyear Wranglers 275/60 r20 for 152 a tire! It raised my truck 3 inches and I love them- Taller and wider

Where do you live? I got my stuff in Dallas and I can send you to this guy who would match the tire price. Or I could Sell ya my stock rims.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3823/Tr502420026.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Viper_iii

I bought a SkyJacker Lift and put Irok 36x13.5R20 Tires on.

Would've been even more if changed the wheels...

Looked really good for one Week until July 30 when I put it into 4x4...

It blew my front differential up!
Truck Damage

Quick Reply: New Hemi QC 4x4 20's