Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 05:12 PM
JstBeCauz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New exhaust

I bought my 2000 Ram about a month ago and it already had a dual flowmast exhaust on it... Now its all rusty and has some holes in it so it's time for a new exhaust. I was thinking of just sticking witht he same flowmaster because i really like the look and sound but my question is this something I could order online and install myself? I'm really hands on when it comes to mechanic stuff but I've never done an exhaust before. I have all kinds of tools so thats not a problem.. Just wondering if anyone has experience doing it and could give me a few pointers... Also wheres a good place to order the exhaust from? The place that I found with what seems to be a good price is summit.

Thanks...

Mike

Old 06-02-2004, 05:36 PM
B12Teuton
Professional
Default RE: New exhaust

If you get just a muffler like the flowmaster, you'll need to bend pipes etc to creat the rest of the system. If you buy a system, like one from Gibson Performance, you can do it all yourself with basic tools and know-how.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:08 PM
RuckstaR
Professional

Flowmaster makes bolt on systems for our trucks as well. It merely bolts on, no welding required...an afternoon job for most people.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:14 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

The one thing that you will have to be careful of is you do not have the stock exhaust on there now. So some of the stock hangers might not be there. You might have to get some new rubber stock hangers to be able to do it. Also, if the old system that is in there was welded in you might have to make pipe cuts or add pipe in order for the new one to bolt on. I went to my exhaust guy and had a system built and welded in for $245, that is alot cheaper then buying a prebuilt one.

Quick Reply: New exhaust