Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Tune Ups

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Mikeg1005
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune Ups

Anyone here do their own tune ups on their truck(s)? I have a 98' Ram 1500 5.9L 4WD. I was wondering a few things, where is the PCV valve so that you can replace it. Also how would you check your timing chain or belt timing so that its set right? Can you do that or do you need a machanic for something like that.

Well, just a few questions, and I was wondering what all of you do on your tune ups and how often you do this stuff, and does it pay off instead of a machanic doing it.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:41 AM
GaDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tune Ups

Hey mike ur pcv should be stuck in your valve cover with a tube running to your throttle body or intake manifold. far as your timing goes its computer controlled and you would need a OBD2 scan tool to check it other than that whatever you maintenance guid says on timing chain replacement or call a dealer and ask them hope this helps you out .

Quick Reply: Tune Ups