Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

First Time Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 12:53 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default First Time Off Road

Well, the other night me and the boys all got together for a little goin away party for one of my fellow Marines. Drinking (little bit b/c i had the Ram with me,,,,she was my date) so out in the stateland in lowcountry SC hanging out, thunderstorm comes rolling in so we move the party in the house. after FOUR,, count em` 4, hours of downporing pissing rain, we decide to muddin.... i couldnt get er stuck....i tried...had to pull out a ford and 2 chevys...and the 2 rams with us led the pack...had a blast...got back to the house got trashed and spent the night....well woke up the next morning hung over and feelin sick...walk out to my mud-packed ram....and what do i find? I FRIGGEN TREE STUCK IN MY TIRE.....thats right....a branch or a root found its way into my tire between my rim and the bead of the front drivers tire....i had a 4 1/2 foot long chunk of wood STUCK in my tire sticking out into the air.....yanked it out and drove home......i musy say.....

GIT-R-DONE is an apporpriate saying for this event.......sure did Git-R-Done...

P.S. the one ford blew a motor but sucking water into his intake....had to pull him out AND tow him home....sorry basterd!!!!

Old 06-10-2004, 12:59 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: First Time Off Road

HELL YEA!! That's AWESOME! GREAT STORY!! That's the way to do it!! Sorry about the hangover... BUT you showed them Ford's and Chevy's who's boss... NICE!!

~Amanda

Old 06-10-2004, 05:57 AM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome... before I bought this I Was gonna get an 04 (with an 05 600 engine) diesel 3/4 ton...
Well, in my week long test drive ( waiting for financing approval, couldnt get a low enough apr so I Went with the rumble bee) I was told that there would be no troubles financing. So I decided that I would take it out bagging... it had just been raining. So I drove around my small cities outskirts trying to find a good spot. Then I saw a sign
"St. Albert Snow Dump Area" with an arrow. And sure enough, I found the spot where ALLLLLL off the snow thats cleaned off the roads, and blown into those big trucks, is dumped there. So I followed the arrows. Well holy crap what a mudpit this place was. I drove around the outsides where it was pretty dry.. it was a 4x4 with all the 4x4 goodies like the tires and so on. Well. I saw this little puddle that looked about 5-6 inches deep. No problems right? WRONG.. then again, I made a stupid choice. See. I was bagging to see how muddy I could get the truck. So I was like,
"well, I should go and get this truck into the puddle and then stomp on it half way through, to get mud to go all over the place."
Well, I wasnt thinking too hard, if its April.. and all the snow just finished melting like.. a week ago, and theres a little puddle.. .this is probably the lowest point in the area... and that probably means all the moisture ran there, and thats the muddiest spot. Well sure enough, I slowly drove in there. then stomped on it. My truck got BURIED right up the the box... the whole truck SUNK into the ground. So on the phone I got (girlfriends whining up a storm at this point) Two half ton chevies couldnt get me out. They got stuck but we set up, but one had a winch so he wrapped around a tree and pulled himself out, then his buddy. Then my dads one tonne dually dodge was no good, he couldnt find traction because hes set up for highway hauling... nice smooth city tires. Finally it took two two trucks with heavy duty winches to get me out... cost me 200 bucks... then with my two buddies in half tonnes, my dad, and two truck drivers with hundred dollar bills watching, I (much to their disgust and screaming... with my girlfriend screaming in my ear) I decided that I Was gonna beat this snow pit. Well I turned around looking like I was driving away... turned around, and got enough of a run at this muddy field about 400m accross and hit it going about 70K (like 45 mph) and I made it............about 7/8 of the way through. I got mud everywhere!!! I mean, there was probably about 4 inches of mud on top of the truck everywhere. I had a piece the size of a pie on the ROOF of the truck. The bed was full of little chunks... the truck was brown, and the entire undercarraige was covered in mud. (Both from burring the rear to the bed almost... and this little 400m mud drag I just did.) And I almost made it through. Determined to beat it myself... I grabbed a bunch of broken trees from about 30 feet away.. and got em stuffed under the tires.. and managed to get on top of them and got out all by myself. My dad slapped me (my girlfriend was slapping me all the way through... try banging through gears in a 6 spd with that goin on!) and my buddies were laughing.. the tow truck guys were laughing....So when I drove around the outside of it to get back, I wrote in the mud "St. Albert Snow Dump Area OWNED!" on both sides, and the back. In big letters so all could see. Well... in my driving for the next two days, I got so many people coming up to me saying "You got through the snow dump area?!.... nobody without a SERIOUSLY built 4x4 has gotten through there this time of year" "No way.... you need to have at least a set of 35" mudders to get throug there!" That was probably the ugliest mud trip I have ever been on. Because it was so soft. I mean. Walking through it was muskeg trap city. You could take a survey stick and push it into the ground by hand. Nothing like a cummins and a little momentum though!!!!

Took me 35 bucks at the wand wash place to get it clean...

-adam

Old 06-10-2004, 10:30 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now that sounds ficken awesome props man thats sick u plan to do that again or is once enough again props

Quick Reply: First Time Off Road