Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

So, is there a safe mode on the Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 02:44 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, is there a safe mode on the Ram?

Ok, this morning when I was going to work, I was getting onto the freeway and gave the truck some throttle, the truck would not go over 4,000 RPMs. It did not matter if it downshifted or built up to 4,000 RPM's. It was actually cutting off the fuel once I hit that point in the RPM range. So when I got to a stop light, I turned off the truck for about 5 seconds and then started it back up. It was fine after that but I only had a few more blocks to get to work. Has anyone heard of this before or has it happened to your truck?

Old 06-10-2004, 05:07 PM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: So, is there a safe mode on the Ram?

My '04, and I assume all with the Hemi, have a rev limiter. Mine will not rev over around 3800 RPM when standing still in park or neutral. Never really pushed it that much while driving to see if it is limited enroute.

Old 06-10-2004, 05:14 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

I know I was not in park, so I dont know what it was. I have seen that it will not go past the 3800 mark in park. As soon as the tac hit 4000 RPM, while driving, the fuel would shut off, it was wierd. I turned off and restarted the truck and it was fine... Can any of the DC techs comment on this...

Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a first for me, haven't seen that yet. Let us know if you find out anything at the dealer, I am assuming you are taking it in.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:29 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

Well, I just drove it home from work and it is fine, I am going to see if it happens again before taking it in. I might call my service manager and inquire about it. If I have to take it in for anything else, I will report it.

Quick Reply: So, is there a safe mode on the Ram?