Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

no catback question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004 | 09:56 AM
Dan
Default no catback question

My first post! Anyway, would it be ok to run straight pipe from the cat-back without any muffler? (enough back pressure?) Also would it sound to loud (farmerish). A local shop would do this for me cheep, with some crome tips welded on, or should I just spend the extra cash and buy the flows...?Oh yeah guess I should tell you what I have. 03 hemi crew cab 4x4....thanks Dan...

Old 06-12-2004 | 05:51 PM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: no catback question

I've listened to an '04 Hemi Ram with straight pipes. IT IS LOUD! Not only that, the whole dash vibrated the whole time the engine was running. Wouldn't be for me.

Old 06-14-2004 | 11:24 AM
billyd12
Professional

maybe a 40 series flowmaster would do the trick,
im getting ready to run a single 3", w/ a 40 series flow.

Old 06-14-2004 | 03:20 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

Yeah, you do not want to run a straght pipe in a Hemi, I have heard people have lost some low end power by doing that. Also, mazz is right, it will vibrate the crap out of the truck. Use a 40 or 50 series flowmaster, 40 is louder, and just dump it right after the muffler. I did that on my '01 and it sound great. I eventually replace the 40 series with a 12" glass pack to make it louder. My '04 HEMI has a 50 series on it with super truck style duals.

Quick Reply: no catback question