Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Any Canuck Owners here

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Davo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Canuck Owners here

Where do ya live? what upgrades? and importantly any warranty issues to worry about because of upgrades.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:57 AM
RuckstaR
Professional
Default RE: Any Canuck Owners here

I'm in North Vancouver BC. As far as upgrades go I've only had the truck a couple weeks so I'm waiting on ym next paycheck...after that, flows, windshield decal chrome tips and then i'll work form there. Basic mods such as CAI, exhaust, etc dont usually create warranty conflicts in my experience, but it had been known to happen with really stingy dealerships.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:15 AM
B][GT
Professional

Ha, Canuck's.. Whats wrong with Lions? Ya, Northern BC, lil town called Ft. Nelson. All ive done so far is remove the stock rezonator, on the 24th, i get my Dynomax muffler installed, should be nice. Like Ruck, its paycheck to paycheck . Like he says it all depends on teh dealer, Our's up around here, will order and install 6" lifts, and 35" tires, and still cover it underwarratny, Not if you go out and beat on it daily, but you know.

How do you like that Jet chip? When im getting my exhaust done, supposibly the local dealer is doing custom flash's .. dunno. BUt i will be awsking when im there

Old 06-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Davo

So from the sounds of it you guys are leaseing your Trucks?

The Jet chip (contrary to popular belief) works very well,but only under full throttle conditions you can feel the difference the engine climbs a little faster and stays in 2nd and 3rd to 6000. This is my second chip (had a stage 1 in my ford as well) made a pretty big difference as well.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Davo

Oh yeah , I am in Calgary

Old 06-14-2004, 10:51 AM
B][GT
Professional

Ya, im leasing, it was the only way i could get the payments low enuff to still live .. lol .. Ive alwasy run old car's/trucks .. not use to something being worth so damn much. Ill be keeping it at the end, so im not to worried about what i do, as long as it dont void the warranty. Ive thought of getting a Jet, but i really think, but im more interested in removing the torque managment system, and the top speed governor.

Old 06-14-2004, 06:27 PM
RuckstaR
Professional

Damn torque management, thats gotta be my number one complaint with these trucks, besides the D gear that allows the truck to roll back on inclines...ah well. I'm leasing mine too, as B][GT said, it was the only way for me, a college student, to have my dream truck and still eat three times daily LOL.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Davo

Yeah, I ended up leasing mine as well.

B][GT , Why did you decide on the Dynomax muffler?
did you go for a cat back system or just the muffler?

Have you heard the Dynomax on the hemi yet?
I myself have been leaning towards the flowmaster 50 series without the resonater. I had a single 2 chamber SI/SO 3" on my Ford with good results (still on truck after 5years) but too damn loud that is why I thinking of the %0 series with 4 chambers.

D

Old 06-15-2004, 03:13 AM
B][GT
Professional

Im just going with a muffler, a kit would just replace the stock 3" with.. more 3" .. so i dont see the point. lol

Ive had dynomax on my old Ford, and like the rumble when it starts and idles, and specially when i stuff my foot thru the floor. I havent heard the Hemi with Dynomax, but i will on the 24th heh. Ill do some clips, i need to get some photos too, of the exhaust, and the rez that i had removed for another post on here. Im not a flow master fan, way to dang loud.

Old 06-15-2004, 05:23 AM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional

yeah... stupid trq management

I am from Edmonton AB!

adam

Quick Reply: Any Canuck Owners here