Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

exhaust pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004 | 03:10 AM
kevro7
|
Rookie
Default exhaust pipe

where can i get a cat-back exhaust pipe kit for like a '98. i just want the pipe, not the muffler.

Old 06-15-2004 | 03:48 AM
Mikeg1005
Professional
Default RE: exhaust pipe

Do you just want a stock exhaust pipe, because if you want dual your gonna need another muffler, but other than that, I guess maybe if you look online then some places I know just sell pipes or mufflers, or so on, or if you want just stock, salvage one of something at the junkyard, its a pipe, not too much can go wrong.

my 2 cents
Mike

Old 06-15-2004 | 03:49 AM
Mikeg1005
Professional

if you already have "dual exhaust" may I ask why you need another set of pipe(s)

Old 06-15-2004 | 01:56 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

If I understand correctly, you want a straight pipe from the cat back... no muffler at all.
Any muffler shop can make that for you, but there maybe legal reasons that they might not. You just have to go ask.

Old 06-15-2004 | 03:52 PM
kevro7
|
Rookie

well here's the story. I just bought the truck a couple months ago, and it came with dual exhaust. however, theres a rust hole in the muffler and they are standard pipes. so here comes the need for pipes. I used to work at a parts store so i went back to them and ordered a dynomax cat-back system with the ultraflo muffler. doing it this way, i needed to order the muffler seperately from the pipe kit. well the muffler came in but the pipe kit has been discontinued. i like dynomax, so i wanted to stick with the muffler, but i'm wanting mandral bent pipes. so thats why i'm trying to find a pipe kit. guess i might just have to go to the muffler shop unless anybody has any ideas.

Old 06-15-2004 | 05:33 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

Try Contacting Flowmaster & see if they will sell you the pipes by themselves, I just got a cat back kit from them, maybe they will sell the individual parts. here's a link to the kit I got... http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cg...ter/17209.html

Quick Reply: exhaust pipe