Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New to Dodge and Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 04:37 AM
stone2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Dodge and Needs Help

Hi im new to the Dodge forum and new to the dodge trucks (more of a Ford Person). Im 18 and i have the opportunity to get a new Hemi Sport or a new Rumble Bee (for graduating with a B average). First of all i love the Hemi Sport because i can take most of my friends with me, but i also love the Rumble Bee because it looks very sporty and hot but i cant take my friends. Please give me your opinion on which should i pick. thx for your help.

Old 06-18-2004, 04:53 AM
RuckstaR
Professional
Default RE: New to Dodge and Needs Help

Use the forum search function on those two trucks, there has been alot of talk on here recently about the merits of trucks like the rumble bee...a few posts below this for example. That being said, understand that niether of those two trucks you want offer any performance upgrades at all when compared to regular HEMI Rams. Not to discount them at all, 'cas I love em, im pondering doing a bit of a convert on mine, but htey still are purely cosmetic. Soo, the Bee will be a lil quicker cas its a reg cab, but it has no babe/beer/buddy storage space like the quad does. ultimately, both trucks are an awesome bet, but its totally personal preference, neither is better than the other. In my opinion the quad is more practical, but for someone who wants to burn rice all day the bee is better. So, choose one and Bee happy! (Sorry couldn't resist that last pun[:'(])

Old 06-18-2004, 06:00 AM
RcBandit28
Captain

I have a regular cab for the simple fact that I don't have to haul my friends around. Let them drive their own damn car. Plus I think a Regular Cab looks cooler, snappier to speed wise. I wouldn't mess w/the Rumble Bee though, over priced for what it is.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:29 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

(more of a Ford Person) ... for graduating with a B average).
A Ford person with a B average huh? Does anyone else see a correlation here? OK, I’m kidding. I don’t mean to flame anyone, but the joke was too good to pass up.
I have a regular cab and I much prefer it, I don’t haul around my friends as much as I used to. On a side note, when in a pinch, you can fit 4 people in the reg cab as long as someone doesn’t mind sitting on someone’s lap.
Do you ever think you will resell it? This is something you might have to think about. If you keep the Rumble Bee in perfect condition, you might get a good price for it years down the road. A quad cab in less then perfect condition would probably sell well just because it can seat five people.
I agree with RcBandit28 when he said the Ruble Bee was over priced for what it is. It is not any different then my truck under the hood, but costs a lot more for the decals, hood scope, and matching interior. If it was up to me, I’d get a reg cab Hemi and put on a SRT-10 hood and the same ARE tonneau cover I have now.
See Pics Here

Old 06-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the color combo on the Rumble Bee? If it's yellow with a black stripe, that's fairly common for the truck, if it's black with the yellow stripe, I like that much better, there are less of them.

Why are you so concerned about hauling your friends around...? Let them drive themselves... gas is too expensive to be hauling a group around in a Hemi QC all day. LOL! I would never let my friends comfort or transportation needs be a part of my decision, NEVER.

I say get the one YOU like better and you friends will have to get a bus pass...

~Amanda

Quick Reply: New to Dodge and Needs Help