Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

anyone replace the muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 04:08 AM
mstew77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone replace the muffler...

...with a replacement from either Borla or Flowmaster? I would like to have dual outs but I really can not fit it into the budget right now, has anyone had any luck with just replacing the muffler? If so which one would you go with? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-21-2004, 04:33 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: anyone replace the muffler...

I will be in 4 days, not with either of those brands, but ya, i to wanted dual tips, but ive heard and read that its a tight fit up around the axle, and around the spare 20".. not to sure, so im just sticking witht he 3" in/out, replacing it with a dynomax. Im gonna work on some picks, and sound clips once i get back.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:01 AM
billyd12
Professional

im doing and exhuast sometime this week.. 3 inch all the way... magnaflow hi flow cat w/ flowmaster 40 series...
ill post on it later...

Old 06-21-2004, 11:38 AM
kaostik
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put on a single flowmaster 40 series, with two 3 inch pipes exiting the back. they fit around the spare no problem

it sounds much better now, the acceleration has always been there, i havent really noticed any extra punch, but i was going for sound more than anything else, and you can hear this beast blocks away.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:49 AM
DallasRam

ORIGINAL: mstew77

...with a replacement from either Borla or Flowmaster? I would like to have dual outs but I really can not fit it into the budget right now, has anyone had any luck with just replacing the muffler? If so which one would you go with? Thanks in advance.

I was in the same boat. I just replaced the muffler with a 40 series flowmaster. sounds great. I kept the stock piping at first and then dumped it. Since I already have the muffler, I could go run dual pipes if i wanted.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Chauncy
Rookie

yeah atm I have a flowmaster 40 series dumped right before the rear axle
100$ installed

if I want to later, I can go and have tips put on the back (had tips with stock muffler, didn't sound too bad, weird noises at 2800 rpms or so though) and can slap them back up there for tips for another 100$ (my local shop charges 100$ labor for any pipe running, otherwise anything is 100$ even)

my truck sounds MEAN and it's loud, me, my mom, and a friend were eating out one night, she said she was gonna go shop for a few minutes and took the truck

when she started it up everyone inside the resturant started looking out the windows to see if it was thunder

Old 06-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Matrix04
Rookie

i had a short magnaflow muffler put on, they sound smoother than the flowmaster and have a lifetime warranty, i like flowmaster too but i really like the way it sounds on this truck, u have to either get a new tail pipe or splice in a piece where the resonator is if your not going to dump it though

Quick Reply: anyone replace the muffler...