Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New guy with 93 Ram150... please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:52 AM
spongehead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with 93 Ram150... please help!!!

Hi, I'm new here and have a 1993 Dodge Ram 150 pickup. It's got the 5.2 V8 Magnum engine and automatic with no overdrive (not that i'm aware of anyways). Anyway I'm having a problem with it. At about 60 to 70 mph if i try to hold it at a constant speed it starts to shudder like there's a miss in the engine. It seems like it goes away if I press harder on the gas. If I let go of the gas pedal it shakes violently until it gets down to about 50mph. I've replaced the cam positioning sensor, all 8 plugs, all wires, air filter, AND all my injectors (although the injectors were from a salvage yard). And it's still doing it. I'm about to lose my mind here. Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is perhaps a bad head gasket. Please help !!! Thanks !!!

Spongehead

Old 06-21-2004, 02:22 PM
dodgeramnz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy with 93 Ram150... please help!!!

check the drive shaft

seen it before where the drive shaft has had a stuff support bearing. under power they are allright but under no load they shake like ****