Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New buy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:44 PM
rayzor79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New buy!

Hello,I'm new to the dodge forum. I live in deland florida. I just bought a '02 ram regular cab, short bed. It has the 4.7 and 80,000 miles.its silver with 15 percent tint. I picked it up for 8,900. I just had the tranny fluched at my shop that i go to regularly, with my other vehicles. the tranny fluid was pretty damn dark and there wasnt any sign of red to the fluid. and i had the oil changed with mobile1. my questions are, i would like to know if there are any defects or recalls on these particular trucks. I love this truck so far, just dont want to have to put a lot of money into it to repair it. and do you think i got an ok deal. replies would be appreciated.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:43 PM
rayzor79
Default RE: New buy!

damn guys, ive had this post up since i bought the truck at the end of june and noone has replied. im just trying to get some info on this particular engine. but anyways, i got my exhaust installed a few months ago. it is a flowmaster split system. with a 40 series flowmaster. this truck sounds bad ***.the tone that this 4.7 has is awesome. its loud too. it gave me some extra power and a little better on gas. any one who has this setup post a reply.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:09 AM
hookshemi

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it. I just bought an 05 quad cab with the hemi, and I love it so far.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Foiled
Veteran

I have noticed that if you are not a long time member you do not get replies here. I joined just a few weeks ago and can not get anyone willing to talk. You see this once a group of folks start a board like this. You get one big group that will chat and that’s it. But I have been reading and have found 1 or 2 good posts about these trucks.

Other then that, it is a bunch of the same arguments.

The price on the truck seems good. As far as the trans fluid no red only means it was over due for a change. The real thing to look for would be metal shavings/chips in the fluid.

As for recalls you can check here, http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...eenName=recall

Just keep the fluids changed, grease, and lube the truck like normal and it should be a keeper.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Ricker
Professional

Glad you like it! I love the way my truck sounds. I think that's one advantage the SOHC has over the pushrod, tone quality.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rayzor79

damn guys, ive had this post up since i bought the truck at the end of june and noone has replied. im just trying to get some info on this particular engine. but anyways, i got my exhaust installed a few months ago. it is a flowmaster split system. with a 40 series flowmaster. this truck sounds bad ***.the tone that this 4.7 has is awesome. its loud too. it gave me some extra power and a little better on gas. any one who has this setup post a reply.
Probably because you posted in the Dodge Ram section. Go into one of the sub sections, and you will get many responses. Not much traffic on this page.

For yours, since it is a 3rd gen Ram, try this:
https://dodgeforum.com/forumid_106/tt.htm