Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Truck problems...could anyone help me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 04:51 PM
tinabina
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck problems...could anyone help me?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but what the hell...

I am having some truck problems on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab. I took it in about a month ago into the dodge dealer because of the battery, ripped me a new whole it was so expensive. They did some fuel injector thing, tune-up, replaced the serpentine(sp) belt, fixed a minor oil leak and i think that was about it. Now, the truck seems to be crapping out on me. When i'm at a complete stop, and I hit the gas pedal, it takes forever to pick up, the RPMs don't even go up. It literally seems like it needs a kick in the butt to get it going, once it's up and going the speed it should have been when i applied the gas, all is well, until i come to a complete stop again. Not sure what's going on. It just doesn't seem like it's getting gas or something, or it seems like it's really heavy, like it needs a push to get it going. And i'm not sure if one of those diagnosis (the one they plug into your truck to see what's wrong with it that cost an arm and leg) will say anything about it because none of the check engines lights come on. The other thing i notice is that the oil gauge keeps moving left to right...and it's not a slow move, it jumps from left to right all the time...never did that until i put the truck in for service.

I'm sorry if this is majorly confusing...as you can tell, I'm not automobile savvy AT all...don't know a thing about autos...but i don't want to be d*cked over at the dodge dealer either...

Thanks a whole bunch for you time and effort

Ciao,

Old 06-23-2004, 05:53 PM
rumblebeerider
Default RE: Truck problems...could anyone help me?

Have you ever changed the fuel filter? Sometines when they get full/dirty its hard for the gas to pass through them and gives what you are discribing. It would be a cheap fix and if you haven't changed it recently it wouldn't be a bad idea just to do it anyway. Hope it fixxes it!

Old 06-23-2004, 10:16 PM
edlance

If it was doing this when you got it back from the dealer after the service, I'd take it right back and make them fix it for free....seems to me something they did to it screwed it up since this began after the service.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:24 PM
rumblebeerider

I would have brought it back to the dealer but it sounds like Tinabina doesn't want to go that route. Tina said it happened after the service. I'm sure the test driver would have noticed the condition that Tina discribed. So I didn't mention to check for crossed ignition wires or maybe a pinched wire in the area that was serviced and now grounding out....? Tina said she had the ijectors cleaned so most of the good machanic also throw some conditioner into the fuel tank which may have stirred up a load of crap. ..which clogged the filter. Anyway... If it isn't something simple Tina is going to find a machanic.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:21 AM
loosewheelbob

It seems like they seriously messed some things up when they went under the hood. I'm under the impression that you don't want to, but your best bet will be to bring it back to the dealership and raise hell because you got your truck back in worse shape than you gave it to them. They know exactly what was done to it, and they should double check that stuff first, and when they find the problem, they should fix it free of charge if it was their fault. If you take it to a different mechanic, he will charge you from the start, no chance for a freebie.

How long have you driven it since you've gotten it back? I don't know if this will help, but one time in my '97, I ran the battery completely dead. When I got it jump started, it would not stay running worth a crap. Somehow it reset the computer, and it had to relearn everything. After a few hours of driving it, it ran fine and I never had that problem again.

Quick Reply: Truck problems...could anyone help me?