Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Intro, Comments and ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 04:00 PM
mlot51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro, Comments and ?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post to this forum and the info found here is great. I learned alot here before my latest truck purchase.

I just traded my 98 1500 club cab 4x4, 5.9 L for a New 2004 1500 QC 4x4, Hemi. My 98 has had some repair problems over the past and all in all I wasn't that pleased with it. It was a good strong truck though, when it ran good. Great in the snow!

I love the new truck so far. No comaprison in the power dept. The hemi has awesome power compared to my 5.9. (and the 5.9 was no slouch either!) The 34 gallon gas tank on the 2004 is a great option and a must for $55. Build quality/ fit and finish for the 2004 was way better than my 98. (98 came from Mexico, 2004 from St. Louis). I was never crazy about the "Made in Mexico" thing, but oh well. Im glad the 2004 was assembled by American workers. (I know the hemi comes from Mexico, so Chrysler should bring that home too!)

All in all I decided to give dodge another chance after reading about how they have improved the build quality in their trucks over the past few years and I am impressed.(so far) The Hemi was a big selling point for me as well, and of course, these are the best looking trucks on the road.

One question: The one thing I miss that my 98 had is the Blue tinting at the top of the windshield to cut down on the sun glare.(It might have been a pattern, I forget. But it worked well) In fact, every car I have ever owned had this except for my 2004 Ram! Is it supposed to be this way?

Later,
Mike

Old 06-24-2004, 04:34 PM
HEMI X
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Intro, Comments and ?

Welcome. Glad to hear you stayed with Dodge.

X

Quick Reply: Intro, Comments and ?