Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Dual exhaust issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 11:09 PM
BADRAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual exhaust issue

Can anyone help? I am a huge Dodge fan but the design team goofed when they forgot to make a drivers side exhaust port on the new Ram's with the dress kit. Understand they don't come stock with dual exhaust but it would be a great option. Right now I'm at the point of making a mold and hand laying one myself the only problem is it may be cost more than is worth which is yet to be dertermined. My question does anybody know of anyone that has already started to produce these? I strive to make my Dodge different than everybody else's. I hope someone can help if not I guess I'm making one.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:35 PM
rumblebeerider
Default RE: Dual exhaust issue

Me and my kid were just looking under the hood a few hours ago and I pointed and said. Hemi. Can you say hemi? I thought I saw a exhaust manifold on the driver side which means it must be bolted in line with the exhaust port???? Are you talking something different or was I that goo goo eyed over the hemi that I missed no exhast manifold on the driver side?

Old 06-24-2004, 12:04 AM
BADRAM

Maybe it was my mistake I meant where the exhuast exit's in the rear. It exit's on the passenger side but if you have the lower dress kit they don't have an exhaust exit port for the driver's side. If you exit to the rear you have to remove the rear dress kit.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:34 AM
B][GT
Professional

LOL.. rumblebeerider had me right confused .. hah.

Um, Bad, why cant you just cut a notch in the driver side piece? I know fiberglass is .. touchy, and ive never played with it, but youd think, youd be able to trim the driver side, and just do some touch up on it. Rather then buildin a whole new one. I might be wrong.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:19 PM
rumblebeerider

LOL, I was confused myself. Now that I figured out what the dress kit is....
I even rolled under the truck this mornings to try to figure why there was a problem hooking up duel exhaust. Well Badram, if you are going to make the mold ya might as well send me one. Or maybe make an enlarged passenger side to accept 2 pipes?

Old 06-24-2004, 11:25 PM
rampage
Amateur

all you got to do is get some masking tape and tape up where you want to cut, and get a fine tooth saw blade on a jigsaw and cut a hole out.. or what ever shape you want.. just be patient and take your time...

Old 06-26-2004, 11:39 PM
BADRAM

Just an update: For those who understand what I've been talking about I have made a mold and am custom making the driver's flare to place dual exhaust exit. For those who don't understand with the dress kit you can't just gently cut out the driver's side due to the fact that it is also flared out 4 degree's for the exhaust tip.

Old 06-27-2004, 12:07 AM
dave thibault

hey bro i was looking at the same thing. I was thinking about taking mine off and having someone cutting off the lip ont he pas side then cutting out the drivers side so it matches. How much would it be for you to make me one also? E-mail me at frankri405@aol.com maybee we can work something out.

Quick Reply: Dual exhaust issue