Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Horn Honking

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Jim10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horn Honking

Let us know if it starts to beep again. I hope that they can resolve my problem......They replaced several components in the last three months..........They are going to give me a loaner to use while they troubleshoot and repair.
Normally they did the troubleshooting one day and order the parts for the following day.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:53 PM
newjerseybt

Same problem...erroneous honking! Neighbors were getting po'ed to the LIMIT!!

After a toe to toe confrontation at the dealer and 2 calls to Chrysler service center the dealer
replaced the horn pad and the problem seems fixed. I will wait for the next cold snap to
come in as the problem showed up at that point.

Confrontation was due to NO error codes found and dealer stated that he would not get reimbursed for parts unless he could prove what the failure is. He stated that even if shotgunning fixed the problem he would not get reimbursed. Dealer also lied at one point stating he did not hear horn honk all day. He did not know that when I heard his BS line over the phone that I was staring at my truck which was parked in a CVS Pharmacy lot 1/8 of a mile away from the service center as there was no parking available. I guess the tech was not really lying. The truck was SO far away that he could not POSSIBLY hear the truck horn!

Chrysler acknowledged that when service center shotguns repairs, they will not be reimbursed. I also advised Chrysler that the truck was also brought in for a second time for intermittent stalling. I asked if the same lack of service applies to the intermittent stalling problem and does someone have to get killed before they put out a Ram 1500 recall? DEAD Silence on end of phone. They called dealer who said they will change the Horn Pad as it is probably the problem. Nothing was said about stalling.

Truck returned. Looked at repair form indicating horn pad replaced. Also noticed that the
passenger side pad over the glovebox had lots of oily fingerprints on it. I wonder if the
engine computer or keyless entry module is behind that panel and they did something without documenting it?

Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will advise forum if I have a further problem.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:03 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

Same here. Dealer replaced the horn pad. Problem solved!

Quick Reply: Horn Honking