Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Tranny Problems. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Kelbel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Problems. HELP!!

I have a 2001 Ram 1500 Quad cab, 5.9, 4x4. The tranny won't kick down into a lower gear when I take off from a stop. The check engine light comes on when this happens. I took it to a tranny shop, and the code came up as a 1757, governer pressure to high (above 0). They replaced the governer and the solenoid, it worked perfect for about a day, then back to the same thing. They are talking about installing a reman tranny. I am going to have them install a "borrowed" computer that is mounted on the firewall on the pass. side first. Any other ideas or opinions would be helpfull before I give the go ahead for a diffrent tranny. Thanx.

Old 06-29-2004, 04:43 AM
RamminGawga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tranny Problems. HELP!!

Did they replace both the governor solenoid and the governor transducer? Those two parts interact together and should be replaced both when one fails.
There are those two parts and all thats left is the computer. There is no need to replace the entire tranny. Guess what, if the problem is in the computer the new tranny will have the same symptoms. Also check the transmission relay (located in the power distribution center under the hood) for full 12 v power and resistance.
Good luck

Quick Reply: Tranny Problems. HELP!!