Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

AIRRAM intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 11:39 PM
SRT 8 guy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIRRAM intakes?

I feel your pain on the back order game. I am on my second week of waiting for my lowering kit. to make matters worse i received my front kit in about 4 days and the rear flip kit is on back order however they said i should receive it on friday, looks like i have weekend plans allready made for me so i will have to wait another week regardless of when it comes in[:@]

Old 07-08-2004, 12:34 AM
hemihead04

Sorry to hear that SRT, back order is blasphemy. The guy from Airram emailed me today and told me I was #21 out of 52 on this order, so I guess I'll wait for the week and a half it takes to get here[&o]

Old 07-08-2004, 12:40 AM
SRT 8 guy
Professional

You should tell him that u will pay pal him a dollar to move u to the top of the list! LOL :-) You never know the power of the all mighty dollar haha....[sm=smiley30.gif]

Old 07-08-2004, 12:43 PM
ryan12newman

I was doing the same search for an intake for my Thunder Road Hemi. I asked a friend of mine for some advice, since he is a automotive engineer who specializes in Dodge.

This was his response to the 3 or 4 units you see on Ebay all the time.

=============
Tim,
Hears my take without reading a documentary, or writing one for that matter.
All combustion engines create the most power, (torque or horsepower) with the coolest air, most oxygenated air, and with pressurized air. This said, this filter will not help near as much this time of year, but mid august the potential is higher. Also in repsect to fuel mileage, its like human energy, you can last longer with more energy than when you are tired, (more mpg) than when you are ready to sleep. That doesn't mean you can't move a sofa at 3:30 in the morning. I can answer your question this way also.

The big three have a better engineering staff than the people or person who crated this piece.

Ryan

Old 07-08-2004, 12:53 PM
brderj
Veteran

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but does this affect the warrenty at all? I was also under the impression that cold air intake systems did not work on the Hemi for some odd reason. This last part was told to me not something I thought up on my own. Thanks for the link and the info it looks really awesome! I look forward to seeing how it works for you.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:14 PM
1EvilBee

ORIGINAL: brderj

No it doesn't affect the warranty at all--assuming you put it on right. There's always those 'if' situations, but you cant really screw up an intake install in my opinion. If something DOES happen and Dodge points out that it was because of the intake (most likely a crappy install job), warranty WONT cover it.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but does this affect the warrenty at all? I was also under the impression that cold air intake systems did not work on the Hemi for some odd reason. This last part was told to me not something I thought up on my own. Thanks for the link and the info it looks really awesome! I look forward to seeing how it works for you.
That's true, I guess Dodge did a badass job with the stock airbox that aftermarket products dont really make that much of a difference, maybe a SLIGHT increase in throttle response, definately louder noise, but as far as horsepower, I doubt you can feel the difference. I think it's just a mental game.

About the Airram, I emailed him 3 days ago and he said there was a 5 week wait. If I'm going to dish out the cash for the product, I'd want it to be shipped ASAP. If it doesn't come, I'll just go with the AFE intake

Old 07-08-2004, 01:19 PM
southpaw70

Ive had my airam for about 3 months now and I love it. It really improves gas mileage and performance.. I put on my 2004 ram 1500 reg. cab. I did have to wait a while but it was well worth it. Just be patient with him he does have a lot of orders and he makes them by hand. I was really impressed with the way it looked.... I had a problem one time when my engine light came on and took it to the dodge dealer and they told me that it does effect the warranty. They said that they had to replace the temperature sensor and make it work..They wanted to charge me 50 bucks for the sensor and 100 bucks to install the sensor, its a total rip off, all you have to do is take the sensor and pull to get more slack from the wire, I did it and sure enough pluged into the ram and the light went off. But other than that everything works great, especially when you really step on it, its not that loud but it makes a sound that shows you have something under that hood....

Old 07-08-2004, 10:54 PM
hemihead04

Thanks for the info southpaw. Mine has been on order now for about 10 days, and I'm gonna have to wait about another 10 to get it, I can't wait! As far as cai not helping that much, I've read on another forum that the computers in these trucks learn very quickly and do everything that they can to keep everything close to factory specs, which is why you won't see a huge performance increase until they come out with a programmer for the 04's (yet another waiting game). At any rate, I'm gonna get all the bolt on's I can for now and when the programmer does come out...he he he

Quick Reply: AIRRAM intakes?