Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Step rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Beastmaker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Step rails

Sorry for sounding stupid. Do the available step rails that come with the HEMI-SPORT package have any function? Are they actually useable? I'm going to purchase a ram 1500 and I'm trying to decide between the tube chromed step ups, and the hemi-sport package molded "ground effects" steps.

Old 07-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Bad_Rammer_Jammer
Default RE: Step rails

Check out the link below. I added the Sport running board's to my 1-ton. They really help older people getting in and out. They do seem to be pretty solid. Plus they don't look too shaby either.

http://community.webshots.com/album/158823240EZCKih

Old 07-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Sean99TJ

I got the retractable steps from the dealer for mine. Also do a search for Kodiak retractable steps. They are a little expensive, but dodge sells and installs some and they are covered by the vehicle warranty. I like the clean look of the truck without nerf bars and steps and running boards. If I want to see nerfs and rock sliders etc....I go look at the jeeps.

Old 07-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran

My steps saved my door when I got thrown into a stump. Forgot to unhook the stupid swaybar before I hit the ORV park.

Old 07-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Beastmaker
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Bad_Rammer_Jammer

Check out the link below. I added the Sport running board's to my 1-ton. They really help older people getting in and out. They do seem to be pretty solid. Plus they don't look too shaby either.

http://community.webshots.com/album/158823240EZCKih
Those are the exact ones I am talking about. I compared the looks of the tubular chrome ones and those. Actually stepped up on the chrome ones and shook the truck, they're pretty solid. Can't find any of the molded kind to try - still a little scared to. Need them for a "short wife", already said once I buy it, she'd probably never choose to drive it 'cause of it being so big.

Quick Reply: Step rails