Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

End my skeptism please

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 03:11 PM
dodgeramnz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: End my skeptism please

cant remember, maybe the second, anyway still worked and thats all that counts,

Old 07-07-2004, 03:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats good...and what did it end up costing you? and have you had an SES light issues? that would be the only symptom of the sensor being disrupted.

and do you have a pic of those coddington wheels you ordered?

Old 07-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Monrozombi
Rookie

Dodgeramnz you said you're going to add a pipe to where your fog lights would be. THere is a Volant intake system that has that, i was thinking if that was goign to be effecitve what do you think? I'm not smart enough when it comes to trucks let alone upgrades to do it myself.

BUt overall this has been informative, thanks to everyone, now i just have to figure out which one is right for me.
Thanks

Old 07-08-2004, 01:54 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

having it exposed to the air, like his ides with the holes from the fog lights, creates some ram effect, as well as the fresher air, and better flow than any factory air box. thats why you may see street cars, such as mustangs, with the RF headlight pulled out when drag racing. it allows for more airflow, and the ram effect.

hey NZ, any pics of this setup?

Old 07-08-2004, 02:03 AM
Monrozombi
Rookie

Thats what I figured, by pulling in the fresh air from down there it'll provide cooler air to the intake. If you don't know the get up i'm talking about from Volant, i'll scan the pic tomorrow, i'mg oing to see if they have them for the Ram with the fog lights, i don't want to remove a fog light, but I don't have a front tow package on my mine and will siee if thats where the tube comes down to

Old 07-08-2004, 06:42 PM
gop1

dont waste your time on air intakes or throttkle body spacers etc,just traded in my 2004 1500 qc w/hemi had an airaid intake,spacer and tube and couldent tell any diffrence ,only diffrence that made a big change was exhaust ,had a gibson supertruck ,was too loud when towing ,changed to a gibson swept-side had great sound & power ,dont waste money on cold air intakes ,for the money your better off going with a k&n replacement filter

Old 07-08-2004, 07:34 PM
airbrat
Professional

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

well, i am ultra anti-name brand CAI. everyone in the import world, which my car basicalyl is, insists that AEM and brands similar are far superior, but think about it. its a fe pieces of mandrel bent pipe, with some brackets, and a filter on the end. i personally bought an off brand CAI, and spent about 70 bucks, and thats WITH going out and buying a K&N filter. some complaints ive heard about the offbrand CAIs..."it doesnt come with a K&N filter" , "the bracket break after a year or so" "AEM will make it in any powdercoated color", "they dont come with all the things oyu need to install them"

my solutions..the AEM piece of my car was like 300 bucks., the one i got was, like i said, 70 after i bought the K&N. if it last me a year, i can buy 4 of them and still not have spent the money that they spent on a AEM, should my brackets break. mine came with al of the rubber brackets, bolts, and even came with a cheaper filter, that was washable, and it came with the rubber conectors, ANd the gaskets for the MAFS. and frankly, as long as its nice and shiney, i dont care if its the same color as my car.
wth mine on, i get about 2-3 mpg increase and i feel that i gained quite a bit of midrange torque, plus i gained alot of sound, sort of a deep throaty sound. there is also the constant rumor of "hydrolock", your engine sucking water in and locking up, but think about how much water youd have to be in for that to happen. my car sits very low, and ive driven through solme Very ahrd rain with no problem.

i strongly suggest getting one, because it is a nice cheap, and easy mod. if you want the name of the place i got mine, let me know. i knwo they make one for the hemi...
Holy **** I agree w/ you 110%! I just purchased a nice CAI and I think I spent no more than $50 for the entire setup. Its mandrel bent and constructed out of aircraft aluminum. It came w/ all the hardware and looks great. I still haven't installed it because I want to dyno my 04 Hemi bone stock so I can get a real before and after comparison. There's another guy on this forum that insist everyone should spend the extra money and buy the more expensive CAI. Thats total bull**** because unlike your more advanced mods all we're talking about is improving the airflow by removing the restrictions, replacing the filter and straigtening the bends. Its not as if you're buying a friggin' MOTEC or Greddy stand-alone computer!

Old 07-08-2004, 09:37 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

well, gop1, im not flamming, but youre the only person ive ever met who conveys that opinion. ever. any large company who sells CAIs will produce dyno results upon request.

and airbrat, good call!, and whose unit did you buy?
one more thing...im not hijacking..but 13.9 in a 95 talon? tsi im guessing??

Old 07-09-2004, 02:54 AM
airbrat
Professional

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT
.but 13.9 in a 95 talon? tsi im guessing??
you would guess correctly

Old 07-09-2004, 11:54 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

its a mopar, and i demand pics and a mod list..