Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

End my skeptism please

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 12:47 PM
dodgeramnz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: End my skeptism please

it made a huge difference to my truck, it ended up costing about $100.ooUSD. but if i was to buy one from the states and ship it here, apart from waiting two months, it would cost me at least twice as much.

badtsratt, pic on page two of this thread

Have seen the volant, I just dont see the point in paying for something I can build myself. its hardly rocket science shoving some pipe in, I know it may not look the prettiest now, but i'll tidy it up when I figure out wether to get a bonnett scoop or down to the bumper.

the other reason for grabbing fresh air is it is a lot cooler than air inside the engine bay. The cooler the air the higher the HP you can generate. I saw someone quote numbers like 1 degree up in temp = 1 degree down in HP , seems a bit much to me but maybe someone else knows.

another thing to keep in mind is that its fine to ram air into the engine, but its even finer to let it all out, ive booked into the exhaust shop and headers are going and catalytic converter coming out, should make another huge difference, and also it leads on to other engine mods being more effective.

Old 07-09-2004, 02:34 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: End my skeptism please

no..i saw your pic..i want apic of that guys TSI. and if you spent 100, thats great, even if you lived here and bought someones name brand piece, youd be ahead of the game! this same arguement went on in another forum, and i lost badly..no one would side with me that youi didnt have to pay 300 for a CAI...their thing was..

"if it wasnt much better, it wouldnt cost much more, so ours is better than yours"

and thats dumb.