Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Which truck to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 05:11 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which truck to buy?

I am trying to figure out which truck to get and I'd like some advice. Assuming my insurance doesn't skyrocket too much, I'd like to buy another HEMI. I have a Ram with a 4.7 and my dad had the HEMI. We were going to sell the 4.7, I was going to get my dad's HEMI, and he was going to get a new truck. This was going to happen Friday but I totalled the HEMI Thursday freaking night. My dad went to buy his truck today but I still have the 4.7 and frankly I can't stand not having a HEMI. I looked at a trade in with a 2004 HEMI exactly like the one we had except it has the Ininity Audio System and a 6-disk cd player. With the trade in buying that would be no problem for me but I have been hearing all of this talk about mods not working on the 2004s. I was/am going to mod it heavily so I don't want something that won't be compatable. I was toying with getting a used 2003 but I won't get any deals on a used truck. What should I do? Are these things being said about the 2004s just rumors?

Old 07-07-2004, 10:34 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which truck to buy?

Dude. What did you do to your Dad's truck?

The mods are working to some degree on the 04s. The only mod. that isn't/doesn't work for sure is the TMR mod, and from what I hear it sounds like we're better off. There will eventually be a computer that will tie all this other stuff together.

Good luck.

Old 07-07-2004, 08:00 PM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which truck to buy?

I swirved to miss a deer, rolled it, and hit a tree.

Quick Reply: Which truck to buy?