Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 03:17 PM
MicRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

Hey guys I'm new here,
I have owned Fords for almost 3 years now since I started driving, well I found a 2002 Ram Sport, quad cab, red, 20" rims, tow hitch, hard tanneu cover, 4x4, cloth interior, 5.9 liter, but its got 90k miles. It also has a fair amount of scratches, and a tear in the rear seat. How much do you think is a good price? I talked him down to $16,900 so far. Also, what else should I look for when I go back to see it again, as far as noises and anything in the dash i should be conscerned with. This would be my first dodge. Also, are all the dodge's brakes the same? It felt like I had to push the pedal in pretty far before the brakes kicked in. Sorry for the long post. Thanks guys.

-Sean

Old 07-10-2004, 02:06 AM
MicRam
Default RE: Need help

anybody?

Old 07-10-2004, 02:21 AM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: Need help

O.K., I'll bite. A 2002 with 90K miles? Fair amount of scratches and tear in the back seat? Have to push the brake pedal pretty far before the brakes kick in? What's wrong here? It's been rode hard, put away wet, and I'd run away from that one as fast as I could. Don't fall in love with the truck. It sounds like the owner did not take very good care of his ride. It's only two years old and it sounds like it's ten years old.

But if you are dead set to look at it again, I'd suggest you go to KBB.com and see what value they would place on this truck. Aside from that, you better check ALL the fluids and ask to see maintenance records. What else should you look for? For starters, I'd check into the price of new brakes all around, possibly a master cylinder. Take a look at the tires to see if they are worn evenly. If not, there may be an alignment problem, suspension problem, or hey, could be a tire problem. If the shocks are factory originals, better plan on new ones, and not the cheap crappy factory shocks.

Transmission - You better really go over that puppy. With 90K on the odometer, if the fluid has not been changed, or the dude put the wrong stuff in the sump, it may one day take a dump (where's Johnnie Cochran?).

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm raining on your parade. But with 3 years of driving under your belt, I have to assume you are rather young. You have your entire life to yearn for a dream vehicle. While this may be the one in your mind, it's a committment that could strap you down for a few years. This one has the potential to throw a few surprises at you that could mean the difference between driving and walking.