Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

318 Short Block

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004 | 11:34 AM
fairlaniac
Default 318 Short Block

Yesterday the 318 in my Dad's '96 Ram dropped the bottom end while pulling a little (3300 lb) travel trailer. We need to locate a short block quick as he is semi-retired with limited funds and needs a way to his part time job. I was wondering what year short blocks are similar or identical that I could use? Are car 318's and Ram 318's the same? I don't know much about Dodge (I'm a Ford guy and don't start slamming me or I'll tell you completely how the 318 blew:-) ) so if my questions seem absurd it's due to my lack of knowlegde on Mopar products. I'm sure we can find a decent long or short block locally as there are tons of wrecks ion the local yards, I just need to know if I pull a 318 from something else, will it work in my Dad's truck. Thanks in advance for the help.

This is the first time visiting a Mopar Forum, it is quite nice. The owners and moderators should be commended on such a professional looking site.

Old 07-10-2004 | 06:58 PM
moparturd
Banned
Default RE: 318 Short Block

1992 - newer. 318 or 360 will work. Hope this helps you out.

Quick Reply: 318 Short Block