Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

How much should I pay for one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 02:40 PM
edlance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much should I pay for one?

2 other things....if you have a trade-in vehicle they are going to try to rip you on that too. Do research on NADA and Kelley Bluebook to get an idea of what your trade-in is really worth. Be honest about your trade-in on these websites. Expect the dealership to give you far less than what is stated on those sites. The dealerships use a different version of those to rate your trade-in, but they will give you an idea. Research current market values (i.e. what they are selling retail) and that will help also.

Secondly, use the dealer's internet sites, often they will give you a price quote on a vehicle in their inventory that is way below sticker. Since we are at the end of the 04 model year they will dump the price a fair amount. Research current factory incentives on specific vehicles as well.

Be prepared to haggle a lot, they will nickel and dime you to death....

Old 07-15-2004, 05:28 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

ORIGINAL: Klute

Get financing before you shop. You can save alot of $ there too. Make the deal beat your best finance package...they usually do!
Sorry, but I have to totally disagree with you... at least from my experience. When I bought my truck, they were offering $1,000 instant rebate for using Chrysler financial. Chrysler's is a simple interest loan with no early payoff penalties. The rate will depend on your credit score.

Point is, even if you do find a better rate somewhere else, go get the $1,000. Then you have a month to organize a better loan rate. I used a tax deductible home equity loan. I rolled the balance over with the first payment. Now I got a grand off for free AND I have the best financing situation possible.

Of coarse, if they no longer offer this incentive, never mind[:'(]

Old 07-15-2004, 07:10 PM
airbrat
Professional

yep, thats exactly what I did. I tok advantage of the extra $1000 rebate then refinanced through my credit union for a better rate.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:29 PM
spec

These are all great tips, should make it so i can get the best deal possible and not get screwed anywhere. Guess I will be looking at a loaded Laramie instead of a Sport. Is there a package for the hemi sport appearance? From other posts I've read it looks like it is said there is. If so anyone know how much it runs? money wise that is.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:48 PM
RuckstaR
Professional

If by Hemi Sport you mean the ground effects (front lip, rear molding for exhaust etc.) then no. I contacted Mopar accessories a few days ago because I wanted to convert my Hemi with sport package to a Hemi Sport and this kit is no longer available. It will solely be a fatory installed option. Your only hope would be to find one on ebay or something I guess.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
spec

hmm yeah I really like to overall look of that lip kit, although an srt-10 hood would serve a function.

Old 08-10-2004, 03:36 AM
Shrek

I didnt even look at the Hemi Sports. I went into a VERY small dealership looking for a used 2003-4 and he didnt even say yes or no to that. Pulled out the invoice on a nice black 2004 new and said ok 4500 off invoice and a 5k trade had me talking 20.x ish on a brand new truck. Took that to a bigger dealer and got a nice 2004 QC Hemi 4x4 SLT/Sport for 23+ final.

That contrary to a used model that was in the lot next to the big dealer for 26.9. with my trade and no incentives they could only get to 20.9. I don't know how you can sell used dodge trucks when you can get 4500 off invoice to start.

Or maybe I am just a little too green to be buying new trucks....

Shrek

PS the only other incentive for the used was an 8/80 warranty compared to the 7/70.