Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

How much should I pay for one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 07:12 PM
spec
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much should I pay for one?

I've done some searching around and I am getting mixed messages... What is the going price I should expect to pay for an 04 QC Hemi Sport? I hear mid to high 20's and then I hear mid 30's. Of course the sticker is mid 30's... if you can get one mid-high 20's, how would you go about hassling the dealer for that price?

Thanks

Old 07-13-2004, 07:25 PM
airbrat
Professional
Default RE: How much should I pay for one?

I got a sweet deal. I got a fully loaded HEMI quadcab w/ every single option you can think of w/ the exception of 4x4 for $24K out the door

Old 07-13-2004, 07:28 PM
spec

How did you go about getting that deal? I assume every option then includes the hemi sport package.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:45 PM
RuckstaR
Professional

Pit two dealerships against eachother (even better is only one of them is a 5 star 'cas it creates a rivalry). Then just go back an forth getting best offers form each, and then counter offers and so on.
In addition, the best time is at the end of the month, salesmen and dealerships are running around trying to make sales quotas, and while they may lose some commision going really low, they still get closer to moving a required numbr of vehicles.
Finally be prepared, and willing to walk away. After doing all of the above, and getting a wicked deal, I wrote an even lower number on my business card, gave it to my salesman and walked out on June 28th. The next day he split the difference between his best offer and my best. Oringinally they wanted 447.00 tax in with my downpayment for a 4.7 with few options. I ended up getting a fully loaded Hemi sport (minus leather) for 382.00 tax in!

Old 07-14-2004, 02:59 AM
prerunner
Captain

Do the above...but also....

Take whatever you have down..and whatever your willing to pay per month and cut a half out of both. Then you start dealing. The longer you wait to raise your down and or your monthly payment....the more they look at trying to lower the price. When you get to within say 600.00 of your max down payment....try to walk out.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:08 AM
Arcane
Rookie

You are going to pay more for a "Hemi Sport" just because it's a special model. You would be better off getting a regualr Sport Model with a Hemi in it and then adding whatever it is you like about the "Hemi Sport".

Last month I got a 04 Sport Model Laramie with Hemi, tow package, leather, power seats/pedals, Line-X in the bed, etc.. for $28,600 including tax, title and liscence. THis wasn;t the "Hemi Sport", it was a sport model with a Hemi.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:59 AM
airbrat
Professional

yeah if you can get a loaded quadcab for $24-28 out the door then thats a pretty good deal. Another thing I might suggest is go to edmunds.com and research the new trucks from there. At that site you can input your zip code and it will give you a pretty accurate price when it comes to dealer invoice and retail cost. I went there for the hell of it after I bought my truck and I was amazed how accurate it was.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:27 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

04 QC Laramie, HEMI, tow package, bed liner, all the bells'n'whistles inside and out for $25K.
The only options I don't have are the Navigation system, 35gl gas tank, and limited slip diff.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:50 PM
spec

Well I went in yesterday and expressed my interest in a truck and talked a little, of course didn't hear any price I wanted and also wasn't there to buy then, just wanted to take a test drive and make sure the truck is everything I want. The dodge dealer in town is not a 5 star and there is a 5 star 20 minutes away in the next town, so that should work out nicely. I will let everyone know how the whole process goes, I will probably hold off to get back into talk to them till a little later in the month. Thanks for all of the ideas and hopefully I can get one of these things at a price that makes me happy...

Old 07-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Klute
Professional

Get financing before you shop. You can save alot of $ there too. Make the deal beat your best finance package...they usually do!

When I was looking, I found that dealerships would discount the truck AND give the rebates. I can't beleive ppl just take the rebates...Usually the out the door price was roughly 80% of the sticker price.

Be sure they don't soak you with various BS fees when you close the deal.

Always pit 2 or more dealers against each other. Even if you find the perfect truck with all of the options you want, don't tip your hand. Actually, make them think that you are a little disinterested in the one you want, tell them that another dealer has a closer match. If you are on the lot talking with them, make sure that they know you are serious. Turn the table on them by saying that you will drive away with this truck tonight if the price is $99,999. I love doing that! They don't know what to say b/c they always pull that crap.