Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Need Help Deciding

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 08:55 PM
finman04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Deciding

Im looking for some help on making a decision on some gearing for my 2003 3/4 ton 4X4 Hemi. When I ordered the truck I had the gearing changed from the 4.10 down to the 3.73 since I was doing alot of highway driving at the time. Recently I just installed 35" tires on my truck. I pull a 18' trailer and the tires made a drassic change for pulling. I added the Super Chip Programmer and it put my speedo back to stock and stiff-end the shift points some. I really would like to make this some what better then what it was before I changed the tires. I would really hate to go back to the stock tire size since the truck looks really great with these tires. I have spoke to a couple of people and they are recommending that I have 4.56 gears installed which will drop it back down to a 3.92 which would be better for pulling and better then what I did have. Is this true, and how do I fiqure out if this is correct. I was just wondering if other people have had the same issues, and what they have done to improve this. I do know that the Power Wagon has 4.56 gears but with 33" tires, would this drop it back down to a 4.10 which would be stock for a 3/4 ton, or would I still have to go to a taller gear to get it to a 4.10. Thanks

Quick Reply: Need Help Deciding