Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Air bag sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:46 PM
shefd95621
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air bag sensor

I have a 2000 Ram 1500. The front bumper was replaced with a Warn bumper before I purchased the truck. Here is my problem. The air bag light on the guage cluster is on and the cruise control is inoperative. I think I found the sensor wire dangling under the front end, but I'm not for sure.

Does anyone know how I can either bypass or defeat the front bumber air bag sensor??? I believe the cruise control is not working because the computer thinks there was a steering wheel air bag deployment.

I'm sure others may have had this problem, as many replace the stock bumper for a more capable setup for winch mounting, etc...

Any help or direction to related posts is greatly appreciated......

Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 AM
johnalm
Rookie
Default RE: Air bag sensor

that sensor is mounted on the body, not on the bumper. if the plug you are talking about is under the radiator support, it could bethe factory fog light plug. there are several unused plug that are option dependant and may or may not be used. also your two problems are what they are. 2 different problems. these 2 systems dont affect the other.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:57 PM
drockstar

I have found that sometimes the light are triggered by other reasons other than what the light indicates. For instance, I had the airbag light and it was a problem with the speed sensor on the transfer case. Check for error codes, then look it up in the service manual that you can download from the top of this forum under "dodge ram information" see my other post for an easy way to check the codes.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:59 PM
drockstar

Sorry, that information link is att he top of the 2nd Generation DodgeRamforum...

Quick Reply: Air bag sensor