Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Hemi Magnum and High Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 02:04 AM
mittracer87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi Magnum and High Mileage

I'v searched and can't really find anythingn on how these motors handle high mileage. Lets do a mileage check in on your Ram's.

Do these motors achieve high mileage without much maintence?

Who has the heighest mileage?

Old 08-03-2004, 03:09 AM
mittracer87
Default RE: Hemi Magnum and High Mileage

so 49 views and not 1 reply, don't you guys care how long these trucks last? Come on people, help me out, I want to buy a Ram but am concerned about this. I've heard of transmission problems with prior generations, but is it common with these? Participate people.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:54 AM
scrizzle
Rookie

The 5.7 is only a couple years old, thats why you haven't found any info like that yet. The Hemi was introduced into the 1500 model in the late 2003 models i believe , so as far as mileage goes ,most of us havent reached the upper echelons yet. I know that doesnt help ya, just wanted to participate.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:07 PM
hemiwolf
Rookie

I'm at 16K miles.. and I bought the truck new 6 months ago. That is "high milage" for a 6 month old truck.. but not enough to make any determinations on LONG TERM reliability I suppose. For what its worth, I haven't had any problems... though the engine seems to be getting louder and LOUDER AND LOUDER!!!!!!!!! most noticable at idle of course.... maybe its just me.. maybe others have noticed... but its 100% valvetrain.. as the engine breaks in the "interesting" valvetrain assembly they have seems to losen up and "chatter". Anyone else notice this yet?

Old 08-09-2004, 02:26 AM
mittracer87

Anyohne else? Whats you mileage? whats your problems?

Old 08-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Rumy

It's a concern to me as well. I avg 80 miles per day just from work. Thats why I've been asking questions about how many miles per year are being put on these trucks.

I read quite a bit about the Hemi and I think Dodge put a lot of money into this engine and various car magazines say it's made well. I'm torn between this truck and the new Tacoma about to come out. The Ram is what I really want though.

Old 08-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Palm
Professional

I only have a little over 7000 miles on my truck, a great deal of that towing my 24' T.T., and have experienced no trouble with anything. My truck has never had to return to the dealer for any reason. I do my own maintenance.

I haven't noticed any change in the engine noise since it was new. Last week I averaged 15.1 mpg in combined highway and city driving and 18.2 on a hundred mile stretch of interstate at about 75 mph with air running. It also gets from 9.8 to 10.3 while towing the T.T. This is my 3rd Dodge truck and nobody could get me out of it for anything else.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:51 AM
jeeperman

I'll do 20-25K in the first year using it for business in the dry Az desert heat (read this as friggen hot 9 months of the year) I hope it holds up, I usually keep a vehicle 3 years or so. I'll send a progress report.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:53 AM
shrlyjo

Any one who gets the Mopar Collectors guide there was an article in it last month about the Hemi . It said the bottom end was only good for 150,000 before the motor has to be rebuilt and it you add more to the horsepower on the top end off the motor you wouldn;'t get that. Says the botom end can't handle the horsepower and that dodge knew it when they put it in the trucks and have fixed the problem with the 2005 trucks.[:'(]
Shirley Jo

Old 08-12-2004, 04:53 PM
sxtram37
Rookie

i have heard the rams go for 250.000 mi
source:dealer,

Quick Reply: Hemi Magnum and High Mileage