Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2006 - Is it a good deal & Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:34 AM
darrel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 - Is it a good deal & Question

Hello All,

Thanks for a great site, I've been learning a lot from it and it has helped me to decide on a CTD for my next truck. To that end, today I test drove a new 2006 2500 standard cab LWB SLT 4x4 CTD auto with tow package. The asking price is $29,400 - based on MSRP (~41k) and invoice (~35k) it seems like a good deal, but I figured I better check with others? The truck only had 15 miles on it so it hasn't been out for many test drives.

The other question I have is about the Anti-Spin Differential on it. During my test drive I put the truck in 4H and proceed to do a u-turn on pavement. Sure enough the inside wheel skidded/spun. Is the differential supposed to lock the rear axels when in 4WD? This continued after I placed the truck back in 2WD and did not go away until after I stopped driving in a circle and drove straight for a short distance. Never having owned a 4WD before, I'm not sure if this is normal or not? My main reason for going for 4WD is for towing a boatup a boat-ramp but now I'm concerned that if I have to turn at the top of the ramp the surging will toss the boat around?

Also there was some grinding noise switching from 4L through N to 2WD (transmission in neutral). There was a factory instructions saying some grinding is normal, but this sounded kind of loud and it seemed that I may even felt it up through the lever. Again is this really normal or something to be concerned about?

Thanks for you advice and I look forward to continuing to learn from you all,
-darrel

Old 12-28-2006, 03:18 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 226 Likes on 211 Posts
Default RE: 2006 - Is it a good deal & Question

welcome to df... the grinding is normal, mine does it from time to time and has since I got it with 13k on it. your truck may not have a posi rear end... mine doesnt. the 29k for the price tag sounds like a steal. let us know how it goes...

Old 12-31-2006, 09:45 PM
darrel

Thanks for the advice - I ended up purchaseing the truck on Friday and have been enjoying ever since and searching the archives for answers to all my questions - there is a wealth of information on this site many thanks to all who share.

Thanks again!
-darrel

Old 01-01-2007, 07:51 AM
johnalm
Rookie

most people will never use 4lo. after you pull the boat out go back to 2wd. if you do it takes some time. i put these in and outr of 4lo with out noise most of the time. have had to show many people how to due it. they have had trucks towed in because they couldnt get them out of 4lo. if you want to know if it has a rear anti spin ask your dealer for a options list or pm me and i can do it for you.

Quick Reply: 2006 - Is it a good deal & Question