Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Installed cheap ebay intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 04:41 AM
71GTX
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed cheap ebay intake

I got one of those cheapy 40 buck jobs from ebay. It came with nice heat holding aluminum tubes, rubber connectors and a nice air intake. The main bitch I have is the rubber thing didn't fit over the OEM oval side inlet on the HEMI hat. The two little brackets that were sent seem to serve some purpose, but not sure where they go. The directions were written and the picture was drawn on the paper and copied. NICE>not. Anyway..after rigging the crap out of it, held the intake on the front body with a ZIP tie..lol I tried it out. After driving a couple days I did actually notice quicker response, much quicker in higher rpm's. I took my wife for a spin and she even asked what I did to the truck, as it seemed faster. For her to notice was saying something. I got a new rubber thing at home depot to attach to the over inlet. See if I can salvage the whole deal. Bottom line, I did notice better performance. For 40 bucks I would do it again.
Eric

Old 08-06-2004, 01:40 PM
airbrat
Professional
Default RE: Installed cheap ebay intake

I purchased the same thing from ebay and took it to the local dyno for testing. After installing (those instructions were crap!) we were able to strap the truck back down to the rollers and recorded a 5whp and 3wtq gain in the mid-rpm range. What sucked is once the truck really warmed up all those gains were lost, I think its because the air filter element was to small. I'm pretty sure if I slapped on a bigger element the gains would actually sustain even after the truck has warmed up.

Old 08-06-2004, 01:45 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey. Do these intakes go all the way to the fenderwell opening to get the cool air? I've seen so many intakes on eBay that when I close my eyes I still them.[sm=smiley13.gif]

Old 08-06-2004, 01:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey..the one i saw,from the place i got mine on ebay, DID go all the way down. i think bimmerbob told you about it..

Old 08-06-2004, 01:54 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't remember if he did or not. You know, the post concussion syndrome and all.[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 08-06-2004, 01:56 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i bought mine from "live for speed racing".

Old 08-06-2004, 11:50 PM
71GTX
Rookie

There are two tubes, the first is supposed to go from the OEM air hat; nice to be able to retain that piece, the the other tube connects and goes down with the air cleaner right above the headlight. It fit fairly well, but still holding it on with zip tie. Those aluminum tubes were damn hot tonight when I got home from work though.

Old 08-07-2004, 12:00 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

What kind of "feedback" did you leave him/her???

Old 08-07-2004, 03:35 AM
71GTX
Rookie

I haven't left feedback yet as waiting for a return email on the above screwy issues. I don't really want to leave neg. feedback, but if I had to leave pos. or neg. with no other information it would be neg. It works, but just barely. Works much better than stock though.

Quick Reply: Installed cheap ebay intake