Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Replacing old front end with new? Needing help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 08:47 PM
JanceCustoms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing old front end with new? Needing help

Hi I drive a 1994 dodge ram sport. I need a new grill and a new front bumper. I am going to go with the 1999 sport front bumper and grill. I have heard that they dont just bolt straight up. Has anyone done this and is it a pain to work with? I will be putting driving lights in the bumper and i heard those dont just wire in either. Will the new grill work on the 94 stock hood?

And last I have bought a new set of clear headlights and turn signals. Will those work with the new bumper and grill? And where can I get billet inserts for the 99 grill and bumper?

Thanks.

You can find pictures on my site www.jancecustoms.com

Old 08-17-2004, 12:10 PM
NastyNate
Default RE: Replacing old front end with new? Needing help

Im actually doing the same conversion, 96' ram sport front bumper w/ out tow hooks, soprt headlights etc. Im almost sure you need some different bumper brakcets, but i got someone checking now. Ill let you know.

nate

Old 08-18-2004, 01:09 AM
JanceCustoms
Default RE: Replacing old front end with new? Needing help

Its a good look for the non-sport/earlier sport models Dodge's. I just got an estimate on that swap. I need some body work from the doors up and on the hood and top of the cab. With getting the parts and labor for that it was going to run $3,100. So im not going to do it now. Thats a lot to spend to get new STOCK from end. I already bought the billet inserts for the new bumper and grill I paid $280 for it, but i would sell it for $200 if your interested. Brand new still in the packing. Its from T-Rex. I just dont need it anymore and it wont fit my 94. And yes you have to get new brackets and a few other parts. Grand total for the Grill, bumper, brackets, lights, anything else will run you about $1,000 to $1,200 if its new parts. That grill comes painted from the factory for $507! I want to do that to my truck pretty bad, but i can't afford that right now. Do you know of anyone that would sponsor me? lol I doubt it, but im looking for that if anyone is interested. Hope your new front end works out for you. Thanks for the info. ttyl Jance Customs

Quick Reply: Replacing old front end with new? Needing help