Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Recovery Straps....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Recovery Straps....

ORIGINAL: proxhemi
racerbob is right tho.. lol maybe im not as hardcore as he is oh well
Here's a couple pics of what I do on the weekends lol

After I bent up the back of it, I retired it from off-roading and made it a tow vehicle for this:

350 chevy for power:

And if I really get stuck.... my buddy has a little bit bigger truck to get me out....

Hope you enjoyed the show.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:25 PM
adamsredlines
Professional

Holy crap Rob....those trucks are awesome!!!
I've seen the pics of your truck gettin down and dirty before...but that Jeep and the Chevy are killer too!

Guess you know what you're talking about, lol...off to get me a 3" strap. [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 08-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran

ORIGINAL: adamsredlines

Holy crap Rob....those trucks are awesome!!!
I've seen the pics of your truck gettin down and dirty before...but that Jeep and the Chevy are killer too!

Guess you know what you're talking about, lol...off to get me a 3" strap. [sm=thanx.gif]
Its a Zuki Samurai, but thats ok. I didn't expect you to know that

Old 08-13-2004, 12:44 AM
adamsredlines
Professional

Wow, you're right....I was in aweshock of that monster truck, lol!

Old 08-13-2004, 01:22 AM
grayghost

That looks cool man but lets not forget that you are not the only one that drives offroad on a regular basis. There are also others that can recognize a zuk from a jeep. I Drive in north Cali and do alot of Beach Trail and Rockcrawling. I also use my Dodge as a tow vehicle for my offroader. I have a 92 toyota with twin (piggyback) atlas transfer cases straight axle conversion for the front. 5:29:00 front and rear ring and pinion. 9 inches of lift to include Procomp suspension/Downey Suspension/and 3" body lift. 35" BFG MTKM as far as engine mods too many to list. Do not take this the wrong way, Us fourwheel and offroad enthusiasts need to stick together to save our favorite places to ride from the bunny huggers. there are also alot of us. and there is a whole lot of experience out there. I find that when rockcrawling I like to use a shorter 20000lb strap 15' to 20' but out on the Beach I use a longer strap and a little bit stronger30000 to 35000. It helps when the larger trucks are stuck down to the axles in sand and mud (which you apperantly know alot about.) to use an even larger/stronger strap up to 50000lbs. Keep the Rubber side down..

Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran

Sounds like you have a sweet rig. I plan on four linking mine this winter and going with some larger tires. Sucks all we really have is mud around here though. I hate mud lol. Throw up some pics.

Old 08-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Sean99TJ

My personal opinion is I won't use a strap at all unless I have to...I use my winch because I have control of my vehicle. whether you are on the pushing or pulling end of the strap....things can go awfully wrong. I have just orderred my 3/8" poly rope for the winch....getting rid of the wire.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5524/401D44F21F4942B49C878C2AC3DEB440.jpg[/IMG]

and things can go terribly wrong

[IMG]local://upfiles/5524/CA8B7D01C7CC4611BE599F9C5E2A6AF6.jpg[/IMG]

My jeep is still floating in this pic

Old 08-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran

lol so whats the damage report on the second picture?

And yeah, for personal recovery you can't beat a winch. But not many people here wheel all the time. A winch is the next major mod I am doing to my Samurai. And good call on getting rid of the wire. They synthetic line is just better all around.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Sean99TJ

I got towed to the nearest town, to the nearest jiffy lube type shop, a change of engine, tranny and front diff fluid, and I drove it home. I spent days drying it out , the only failure I had from the whole submarine race was the TPS ($68). I was extremely lucky. ! week earlier this place on the trail was only 8 " deep, a storm damage had blocked off the drainage from the trail. BTW...the jeep is on 33" tires with a 5.5" lift.

Old 08-15-2004, 01:59 AM
mikebol
Veteran

WOW! Love these pics!

Hand that man a bucket [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Recovery Straps....