Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Adding a backup camera to a factory dodge ram nav system on a 2006

Old 01-28-2007, 11:23 PM
FatCummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a backup camera to a factory dodge ram nav system on a 2006

I am new here, but would appreciate any assistance.
Can youadd a backup camera to a factory dodge ram nav system on a 2006
Thanks
One FatCummins,

Old 02-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Rgory
Rookie
Default RE: Adding a backup camera to a factory dodge ram nav system on a 2006

For adding a back up camera to the factory nav it isnt all that easy. There are two basic options for the factory REC nav.

ONE: Get a nav unit with the input for the reverse camera. It is a small white four or three pin plug. And then buy the camera, wiring harness, and mounting plate from dodge. The problem with this is the factory reverse camera is only available currently on Jeep models. So the Nav software would only allow this option to be added on Jeeps. Hopefully there will be a Nav software update that will allow you to add this to the Rams but I havent heard anything yet.

TWO: You could modify your Nav unit to give you aux inputs. There is a company called Tv and Nav2 go dot com. Who specialize in this mod and can do it, but its not cheap. $400 I believe, and you have to send them your radio. But they will give you an input for a reverse camera and an input for a DVD player or some other similar device. The downside is that you have to modify your factory head unit and there could be some warranty issues included with this.

I am really hoping that as the reverse cameras become more standard, there would be an updated NAV disc that you could pop in and viola there you go. There are also some talented guys at lx forums dot com who go all out into integrated electronic mods.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

Old 02-24-2007, 02:44 PM
RockettDog

I have a separate reverse camera system that cost me 100 dollars at Pep Boys. Yes, added to the Nav would be way sweet, but, I tuck the monitor under the the ashtray area and it works fine. The camera is on the license plate bracket. Not bad for an inexpensive set up. I can take some shots if you like.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:52 PM
RockettDog

Here's another alternative: http://www.coastaletech.com/camera.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding a backup camera to a factory dodge ram nav system on a 2006